Jobberman has released its annual best companies to work in Nigeria report and like we did last year we are focusing on the top 25. According to a press release from Jobberman, the 100 best places to work in Nigeria 2015 report was done in collaboration with Venture Africa.
According to the report, the research had respondents between the ages of 20 to 35 from entry level to executive level. However, unlike last year the number of respondents dropped from 10,000 to 6,000. Also the number of companies considered dropped drastically from about 5,000 in 2014 to 335 companies this year.
According to the report the companies were ranked based on metrics like level of satisfaction, salary consideration, level of contentment, career growth, concerns outside work, and work-life balance.
Diving into the data, it is safe to say that the 25 best places to work in Nigeria is very different from what they were last year. Only three of the top 25 companies that made the cut last year are still in the top 25 for this year, namely Guinness, Chevron, and Nigerian Breweries, which is also the only company in the top 10 last that still in the top 10.
This probably shows how dynamic the workplace is in Nigeria with new companies providing incentives to attract the best talents.
Last year, Oil and Gas dominated the list with five companies in the oil and gas industry in the top 10 and eight companies in the top 25. This year however, only one oil and gas company is in the top 10 and two in the top 20. See the list for 2014
Below is a run down of the top 25 places to work in Nigeria:
- Konga (ECommerce)
- Drugfield Pharmaceutical (Pharmaceutical)
- Insight Communications Ltd (Media)
- NEMA (Government)
- Authentic Value Nigeria Ltd (B2B)
- Channels TV (Media)
- Nigerian Breweries (FMCG)
- Google Nigeria (Media)
- Sahara Group (Oil & Gas)
- The Nation Newspapers (Media)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (Consulting)
- Fidelity Bank (Banking)
- Chicken Republic (FCMG)
- Standard Chartered Banks (Banking)
- Deloitte (Consulting)
- Honeywell Flour Mills plc (FMCG)
- Mantrac (Construction)
- Nigerian Bottling Company (FMCG)
- General Electric (Conglomerate)
- Mainstreet Bank (Banking)
- Sabmiller Nigeria plc (FMCG)
- Guinness (FMCG)
- ARM (Financial)
- Chevron (Oil & Gas)
- Lafarge cement Nig Plc (FMCG)
There you have it the 25 Best Places to Work in Nigeria in 2015 culled from Jobberman’s 2015 100 Best Companies to work for in Nigeria.
More on Jobs & Career
- 100 Best Places to Work in Nigeria 2015
- Best Places to Work in Nigeria 2014
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria
- Top 20 Online Jobs
- Why your dream jobs remains elusive for applicants
- NIIT centres for global IT training & education
- Computer training guide
- Top 10 Online Jobs for Nigeria