The Galaxy Note 5 is the latest addition to Samsung’s popular line of Galaxy Note line – unveiled the same day as the more pocket-friendly Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 2. The elegant Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phablet borrows several features from the flagship smartphone Galaxy S6, including an octa-core processor and similar camera.
Jumia Mobile Week 2018 Sale: Jumia is offering amazing deals on Mobile Devices and Mobile Accessories. Up to 60% discount on Mobile Phones with Flash Sale every single day until March 25. Today's Highlight: Infinix Hot 5 for ₦29,990 at 12 noon. For latest deals, Click Here.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is the latest member of the Note Series.
Design and Display
Samsung, known for making quality devices, did not disappoint with the Galaxy Note 5. The phablet shows of a premium design featuring tough scratch-resistant glass and a sturdy metal frame.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has a curved rear which makes it fit well into your hand despite its large size. The design and build quality compares very well with the Galaxy S6.
The device sports a massive 5.7-inch Super AMOLED with Quad HD resolution, just like the Galaxy S6 Edge+, but without the curved edges. That’s an awesome display you have there.
Camera and Storage
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 packs the same terrific 16-megapixel rear-facing camera found on the Galaxy S6 to allow you take breathtaking images. You can now live stream videos direct from the shooter.
There is also a 5-megapixel selfie camera. Onboard storage is either 32 GB or 64 GB, which you will have to contend yourself with as there is no microSD slot for storage expansion for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Processor, Memory and Software
The same octa-core Exynos 7420 processor that runs the show on Samsung Galaxy S6 also does the heavy lifting in the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
The processor, which has four cores running at 2.1 GHz and 1.5 GHz, is paired with a very generous RAM of 4GB, which means Samsung Galaxy Note 5 may deliver more heavy-duty performance than the other device.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 runs on the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop OS, overlaid with TouchWiz skin.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 comes with an improved S Pen that its Korean manufacturer says provides enhanced pressure sensitivity and note-taking capability than previous versions.
The phablet packs a powerful 3000mAh battery – smaller than the one on the Galaxy Note 4.
The battery supports quick charging and wireless charging. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 also supports 4G LTE connectivity to allow you have access to blazing-fast mobile data speeds.
Pricing and availability
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is now available in Nigeria. You can buy the premium phablet at leading online stores in the country. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Price in Nigeria ranges from N222,000 to N270,000.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Phablet:
- Platform: Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), TouchWiz UI
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core & 2.1GHz quad-core Processors (Exynos 7420)
- GPU: Mali-T760MP8
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Colours: Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Silver Titan, White Pearl
- Dimension: 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 171 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1440 x 2560 pixels (518ppi)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Camera, 2160p ultra HD (4k), 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, OIS, Panorama, Autofocus, Geo-tagging, Face Detection, HDR
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, HDR, 1080p HD Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: 115GB free OneDrive
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 300Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0, USB Host
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (PayPal Certified)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: Yes (Qi/PMA)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3000 mAh Li-ion Battery (Non-removable)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
More on Samsung devices
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy A9
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Best Android Phones
- Samsung Android Phones Price