Apple iPad Pro, unveiled 9 September 2015, is a high-end tablet that is designed to serve as your perfect companion for both work and leisure. The stunning slate is decked out to deliver convincing performance with its new processor and iOS operating system. iPad Pro supports a special stylus and a new keyboard accessory.
Where to Buy iPad Pro
iPad Pro Key Specs & Features
- 12.9-inch Touch Display, 2732 x 2048 pixels (265 ppi)
- 64-bit, Dual-core Apple A9X Chipset with 2GB RAM
- iOS 10
- 32GB, 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 8MP Rear Camera and 1.2MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE (Optional)
- Fingerprint Sensor (Front)
- up to 10 hours Battery Life
Both accessories are sold separately. The iPad Pro is built with designers and professionals in mind.
Build and Screen
If you love to make a class statement with your devices, the iPad Pro is one you will want to check out. The tablet flaunts a stylish and eye-catching design with a body made of recyclable aluminium.
It is attractively slim at just 6.9 millimetres, but bulks in at 1.57 pounds. In addition to a recyclable aluminium chassis, the iPad Pro boasts a mercury-free display with arsenic-free glass, making it one of the most environmental-friendly devices from Apple.
The Retina display measures 12.9 inches diagonally and has a resolution of 2732 x 2048 pixels.
Camera and Storage
Apple iPad Pro comes with an 8-megapixel iSight camera on the rear. The shooter features the tech giant’s image signal processor for stunning images and can be used to shoot HD videos in time-lapse and slow motion modes.
There is also a front-facing FaceTime HD camera for awesome selfies even in low-light conditions. The iPad Pro will come with inbuilt storage of between 32 GB and 128 GB.
Power and Performance
As you would expect from a device from its maker, iPad Pro is engineered to deliver solid performance. It is driven by a third-generation A9X chip which delivers performance comparable to that of a top-notch desktop computer.
The slate boasts almost two times better performance than and double the graphics performance of the super-thin iPad Air 2. iPad Pro runs on the latest iOS 9 operating system with a more intuitive interface and better Siri, amongst other enhancements.
iPad Pro will support a new stylus called Apple Pencil, which is sensitive to not only pressure but also tilt and position and will sell separately for $99 (20,000 Naira). The tablet also supports a new Smart Keyboard – a full-size and portable keyboard – that allows you use the device like a laptop.
The Smart keyboard is sold separately for a price of $169 (34,000 Naira)
For rich audio, Apple provides four high-fidelity speakers said to supply three times the acoustic output possible on the iPad Air. The iPad Pro has a split-view feature that lets you interact with two apps on the display at the same time. It is expected to offer around 10 hours of battery life.
Pricing & Availability
iPad Pro was launched on November, 2015 starting at $799 for 32GB Wi-Fi model. The cellular model (LTE) is only available with 128GB built-in storage for $1079.
You can buy the iPad Pro at leading online stores in Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana. iPad Pro Price in Nigeria ranges from 300,000 Naira to 490,000 Naira, depending on your location, built-in storage, and whether cellular or Wi-Fi only.
Apple iPad Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Apple iPad Pro Tablet:
- Platform: iOS 9 / iOS 10
- Processor: 64-bit Processor (Apple A9X), embedded M9 motion coprocessor
- GPU: –
- Memory: –
- Colours: Gold, Silver, Space Grey
- Dimension: 305.7 x 220.6 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 723 g (LTE), 713 g (Wi-Fi)
- SIM Type: Nano SIM (LTE/3G models)
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 12.9-inch Touch Display, 2048 x 2732 pixels (265 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes (Shatter proof Glass)
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, Geo-tagging, HDR, Face Detection, Panorama, Slo-Mo (120 fps)
- Front Camera: 1.2 MP Camera, HDR, BSI, 720p HD FaceTime Video
- Built-in Storage: 32 GB, or 128 GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes, iCloud
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900 MHz (CDMA version)
- 3G WCDMA: 850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes (CDMA version)
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: Yes, up to 3.1 Mbps (CDMA version)
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS (3G/LTE models)
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Pedometer: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (TouchID)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Siri)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Fingerprint Resistant Coating: Yes (oleophobic coating)
- Mobile Payment: No
- M9 Motion coprocessor: Measures your steps, distance, elevation as well share tasks with the main processor
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 38.5 WHr Non-removable Battery
- Use Time: up to 10 Hours
- Music Playback: –