Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is the latest member of Samsung’s Note line of plus-sized smartphones. It is the successor of the Galaxy Note 5 and shares a lot with Samsung’s other 2016 flagships with water resistance and basically same hardware. Samsung Galaxy Note 7, however adds an iris scanner for improved security with the 5.7-inch Display now curved at the edges.
Where to Buy Samsung Phones
Compared to the Galaxy Note 5, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is coming with a fresh design. Like the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, it features a display with curved edges, though the radius of the curvatures are different. This makes the smartphone’s width smaller by about 2.2mm while still keeping the display size at 5.7-inch.
The back is laminated with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and features the same curved edges as the front. This according to Samsung will make handling the phablet easy. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is available in Coral Blue, Black Onyx, Silver Titanium, and Gold Platinum.
The phone is water resistant (IP68), the first for a member of the Note series. The included S Pen active stylus is also water resistant and now supports 4,096 levels of pressure.
Display and Camera
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 offers the same 5.7-inch Super AMOLED Display as its predecessor, but like I said earlier the display is now curved at the edges like the S7 Edge. The display offers the same 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 features similar cameras as the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. On the back is a 12 megapixels camera. The camera offers optical image stabilisation and advance features like the dual-pixel sensor technology. A 5 megapixels camera is provided on the front.
Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset. This will be available on models for United States, Canada, Japan, and China and consists of two dual-core processors one clocked at up to 2.15GHz and the other at up to 1.6GHz.
Models of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 sold in the rest of the world will offer an octa-core Samsung Exynos 8890 chipset with two quad-core processors clocked at up to 2.3GHz and 1.6GHz respectively. The phone runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), but is upgradable to Android 7.0 (Nougat)
The phablet sports 4GB RAM and 64GB built-in storage. It also supports up to 256GB storage using a microSD slot. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is available in single SIM or dual SIM, both supporting Nano SIM. The single SIM variant offers a dedicated microSD slot, while in the dual-SIM variant, the SIM2 slot will also double as the microSD slot.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 supports super fast LTE with download speeds of up to 600 Mbps. It packs more battery with 3500 Li-Po Battery. It also supports wireless charging.
You may also be interested in the Samsung Phones and Prices in Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 now combines the fingerprint sensor with an even more secure iris scanner similar to the one found on the Microsoft Lumia 950. This enables you unlock your phone with your finger or eye, whichever you prefer.
The feature can also be setup to enable you unlock apps. You can also create secure folders, which you can unlock with fingerprint or iris scan. In addition, the Iris scanner can authenticate purchases made via Samsung Pay.
Samsung Galaxy Note is loaded with Samsung Knox security software which encrypts your data and provides security and privacy on your phone. The company will also be offering a number of accessories for adding more battery life or a physical QWERTY keyboard amongst others. The phone supports Samsung Gear VR and Gear 360
Pricing and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will begin its global launch on August 19, 2016. There is no information on pricing yet. Availability for Nigeria or Kenya cannot be confirmed at this time. When available, we expect Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Price in Nigeria to range from 275,000 to 350,000 Naira depending on location.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7:
- Platform: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), TouchWiz UI, Upgradable to Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Processor: Snapdragon 820 Dual-core 2.15 GHz & dual-core 1.6 GHz or Exynos 8890 Octa Quad-core 2.3 GHz + quad-core 1.6 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 / Mali-T880 MP12
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Coral Blue, Black Onyx, Silver Titanium, Gold Platinum
- Dimension: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 169 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual-SIM
- Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1440 x 2560 pixels (518 ppi) Dual-Curved Edge Screen
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: 12MP Camera, Ultra HD 4K Video [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, OIS, touch focus, face/smile detection, Panorama, HDR, Dual-video record
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera, Auto HDR
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: MicroSD up to 256 GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Up to 15GB free Samsung Cloud
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42.2 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 600 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes MicroUSB 3.1, USB Type C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: Xvid/MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes (Qi/PMA)
- Stylus: Yes, S Pen active stylus (water resistant with 4,096 pressure levels)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Samsung Pay
- Water Resistant: Yes, over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes (IP68 Certified)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 3500 mAh battery (Non-Removable)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes