Flaunting a truly gorgeous look, the Huawei Matebook X is a great laptop for those who desire a credible Apple MacBook alternative that runs on Windows 10. The ultra-slim notebook packs in a striking 2K display, Intel Kaby Lake processors, and USB Type-C ports while also boasting a robust Dolby Atmos audio system.
Where to Buy Huawei MateBook X
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers
Huawei MateBook X Key Features and Specs
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7, Core i5 Processor
- Intel HD Graphics 620
- Windows 10
- 13-inch Display, 2160 x 1440 (200 ppi)
- 4GB RAM or 8GB RAM
- 256GB, 512GB SDD
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Up to 10 hours Battery Life
Design and Display
Huawei Matebook X offers a sleek and stylish design. It parades a gorgeous all-aluminium body with clean lines. This one sure looks ready to entice some fans away from Apple.
Huawei Matebook X is just about 12.5 millimetres in thickness and 2.30 pounds (1.05 kg) in weight. The ultraportable is slimmer and lighter than comparable MacBook Pro. Huawei Matebook X comes with a backlit chiclet keyboard that offers 1mm key travel – not the best, but better than that of the 12-inch MacBook. The touchpad is spacious enough at 4.1 x 2.4 inches.
The 13-inch, non-touch display boasts an amazing 2K resolution of 2160 x 1440 pixels and slim bezels. Expect awesome viewing on this one. The laptop flogs several top Windows-based rivals, including the Dell XPS 13 and Asus ZenBook 3, out of the water in terms of peak brightness at roughly 375 nits.
Power and Performance
Rocking a fan-less design, the Huawei Matebook X comes with latest-generation Intel processors – up to Core i7. You can get models with up to 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD.
With these configurations, the Huawei Matebook X comfortably outdoes the Intel Core M-powered 12-inch MacBook. Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 sees to graphics performance. Huawei claims you can expect this beauty to last around 10 hours on a charge.
Additional Specs and Features
You may not be wrong to expect the Huawei Matebook X to deliver superb sound. It is reportedly the first laptop to come with the Dolby Atmos sound system. This is different from the Atmos technology you may have seen in other devices that tunes headphone audio. The system here optimises sound coming from the inbuilt speakers.
Buyers get two USB Type-C ports on this Windows 10 laptop for charging and data transfer. You can increase connectivity options by adding the MateDock 2, which adds USB (Type-C and Type-A), HDMI and VGA ports. Huawei Matebook X also has a 1MP front-facing camera for video communication.
Pricing and availability
The Huawei MateBook X will start shipping in June, 2017, starting at a price of €1,399. We do not have official price or availability for Nigeria, Ghana, and Kenya for now. When available, you should be able to buy the ultra-slim laptop at leading online stores in the countries. Huawei MateBook X Price in Nigeria is expected to range from 450,000 Naira to 1,050,000 Naira depending on the model.
Huawei Matebook X Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei Matebook X Ultrabook:
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7 Processor
- GPU: Intel HD 620 Graphics, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Gold, Rose Gold, Space Gray
- Dimension: 286 x 211 x 12.5 mm
- Weight: starting at 1.05 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 13-inch Display, 2160 x 1440 pixels (200 ppi), 3:2 Aspect Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Keyboard: Full-sized Keyboard (with Back-light)
- Pointing Device: TouchPad
- Built-in Storage: 256GB, 512GB SDD
- Optical Storage: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, 720p HD Webcam
- USB Ports: Yes, 2 USB Type C ports
- VGA: No
- Ethernet (RJ-45): No
- SD Slot: No
- Mic/Headphone: Yes (Stereo Microphone)
- NFC: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Dock Connector: Yes, MateDock 2.0 (HDMI, VGA)
- Dolby Atmos Sound
- Fingerprint Scanner (Integrated to Power Button)
- MateDock 2.0 (included)
- Battery: –
- Use Time: up to 10 hours (Video Play)