What is GreenGeeks
GreenGeeks is one of the most popular website hosting companies that kickstarted back in 2008. The company was founded by Trey Gardner and currently hosts more than 3,00,000 websites. It has its data centers across locations like Canada, Amsterdam, and the US.
The founder of the company – Trey Gardner – carries immense experience in his field. He has worked with major brands like HostPapa, Dot5Hosting, StartLogic, iPage, iPowerweb, and several more before he decided to establish GreenGeeks.
The company primarily uses the following as its winning points –
- 100% customer satisfaction, and
- 99.9% uptime
But, that’s not it. Another winning point about this company is that is uses the ‘green’ technology, hence the usage of the term ‘green’ in its name. The company is particularly famous for using wind energy to power its servers.
If you love the Mother Earth and want to keep it green, then you can make a contribution by opting for green web hosting companies like the one we’re talking about.
But, is the company really as good as it sounds on paper?
Read this greengeeks review till the end to know about it.
Service Portfolio by Greengeeks
- Web hosting – The company uses ultra-fast SSD drivers to host websites through its shared web hosting platform. The service plan starts as low as $3.95/mo.
- Reseller Hosting- This is a great way in which the users can earn some profit. They can manage multiple accounts of other websites on their own server and then earn the profit from in between. Reseller hosting services start as from $19.95 per month.
- WordPress Hosting – Greengeeks offers wordpress based hosting and the plans start as low as $3.95 per month.
Features of WordPress Hosting
Greengeeks offers fully-loaded WordPress hosting services to ensure reliability, performance, and security all the while making sure the environment is not impacted in any negative way. So, you can embrace technology knowing that you’re not harming the Mother Earth.
Here are some of the highlights of the wordpress web hosting –
- Free SSL Certificate for added security
- 1-click wordpress installer
- Unlimited SSD space and data transfer
- Free Migration
- Round the clock support
- 99.9% uptime
- 30-day trial period with money back guarantee
Quality of Support
Greengeeks offers support via three avenues, namely –
- Chat Support
The wait time across all three avenues is low and the quality of support is satisfactory with nothing major to complain about. In case you even run into problem, you can always rely on all three kinds of support (depending on your preferred choice) to get a satisfactory answer.
Bad things can happen at any time, which is why taking regular back-ups is essential. It’s good to know that Greengeeks realizes that which is why it takes nightly backups. Yes, you read that right.
The company also offers automatic brute force detection, real-time security, Spamassassin protection, SSL protected server, and the option to protect the directories using password just for good measures so your website remains protected.
- Good for the environment – This is obviously the biggest selling point that company uses. The company strongly cares about the environment which is why it uses wind energy to power the servers. Therefore, if you want to help the environment, Greengeeks is always an incredible option to go with.
- Loaded with features – If you look at the features that each of the plans offers (particularly the wordpress hosting plan), you will see that it offers more than enough things to power a website.
- Affordable – The WordPress hosting plan starts as low as $3.95 per month.
- Quality Support – The company offers support via chat, email, and phone; thus offering total value for money.
- Lack of 24/7 phone support – There are certain time windows when the support is not available. However, this point is not big enough to discourage you from trying out the services.
- Setup fee – This fee is applicable only if you choose to go with monthly payment plan. In that case, you will have to pay a setup fee of $15. However, the same is waived if you opt for the yearly payment plan.
Uptime is a crucial aspect of managing a website no matter if it’s a small scale website or an e-commerce website catering to the customers worldwide. Even one hour of downtime can affect your website tremendously. With that said, it pays to know that Greengeeks lives up to its promise of providing 99.9% uptime.
Look at the chart below proving the same thing –
Greengeeks should not just be considered for its green movement. Of course the ‘eco-friendliness’ is a huge part of the company’s services, but it doesn’t fall short on any aspects when compared to other leading web hosting companies.
This is a real option for quality web hosting and you should definitely give it a try.