Talking about the better part of the Hot 6 series which is the Infinix Hot 6 Pro and it packs some new improvements. Although there’s not much of a difference between the two smartphones in terms of design with the only highlight being the bigger display and the replacement of the MediaTek SoC for a Qualcomm processor.
Infinix Hot 6 Pro offers new features seen in smartphones of late like facial recognition, 18:9 aspect ratio, dual camera to mention a few. Join us to ascertain how much of a Pro version the Hot 6 smartphone really is.
Infinix Hot 6 Pro Key Specs and Features
- 6.0-inch, TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1440 X 720 pixels
- 18:9 Aspect Ratio
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 CPU with 2GB / 3GB RAM
- Android 8.0 (Oreo), XOS Hummingbird 3.3
- 16GB / 32GB built-in storage, up to 128GB with a memory card
- Dual 13MP + 2MP rear camera and 5MP front camera
- 4G LTE Data
- Facial Recognition
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
- 4, 000 mAh non removable Li-Po battery
The Infinix Hot 6 Pro is more or less an entry level smartphone, for more premium options from Infinix, checkout the Infinix Zero 6, Infinix Zero 5 Pro, Infinix Note 5, Infinix Note 5 Stylus, and Infinix Note 5 Pro.
Design and Display
The Infinix Hot 6 Pro comes with the same screen size at the Infinix Hot 6. You get the same 6-inch IPS Display. Besides this, both smartphones are pretty much the same with both having a polycarbonate build.
You also have the camera arranged side by side with the flash while the fingerprint reader is a bit toward the middle and the Infinix brand toward the bottom. The base bezel is very much reduced shifting the navigation buttons on screen.
Things remain the same in the area of display resolution, however, the size is now a tad bigger. This is a big plus for those who are in favour of a large display.
With a 1440 X 720 pixels you should be fairly suitable for watching movies, playing games and other things. Extending up to 6.0-inch, the smartphone still manages to be of ideal size thanks to the minimal bezels.
Battery and Camera
You have the same arrangement on both the Infinix Hot 6 Pro and Hot 6. There’s a 4, 000 mAh battery running the show here alongside with quick charge to get it back up in no time. As advertised by Infinix, the smartphone is good for 2 days on full charge with a USB Type-C port to plug into.
Also in charge of taking pictures, there is more or less the same sensors on both smartphones. There’s dual camera at the back featuring a primary 13MP as well as a 2MP and a single one up front. Same as the other model, you have a 5MP camera for selfies along with a flash on the front of the Infinix Hot 6 Pro.
Hardware and Software
One of the highlights of the Infinix Hot 6 Pro is the fact that it comes with a Qualcomm chipset rather than the usual MediaTek SoC that Infinix phones usually have. Instead you have a Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 CPU and an Adreno 308 GPU in charge processing graphics.
In segue, the Infinix Hot 6 Pro packs a 2GB variant alongside a 3GB model too. It is accompanied by a 16GB and 32GB internal storage expandable to 128GB with a MicroSD card. It also runs the latest XOS Hummingbird 3.3 (Android 8.0 Oreo) with interesting additions to look out for.
You can also checkout the unboxing video.
Infinix Hot 6 Pro Price and Availability
The Infinix Hot 6 Pro is now available in Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana. It is available for sale at various online stores and smartphone retail outlets in your country.
Infinix Hot 6 Pro Price in Nigeria starts at around 47, 500 Naira for 16GB storage / 2GB RAM model and around 55,000 Naira for the 32GB storage / 3GB RAM. Price depends on your location in Nigeria.
Infinix Hot 6 Pro Price in Kenya
Infinix Hot 6 Pro Price in Kenya starts at around 13, 500 KSh for 16GB storage / 2GB RAM model and around 15,999 KSh for the 32GB storage / 3GB RAM. You can buy the smartphone at leading online stores in Kenya. Click Here, to check prices at Jumia Kenya.
Infinix Hot 6 Pro Specification
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Hot 6 Pro:
- Platform: Android 8.0 (Oreo), XOS Hummingbird 3.3
- Processor: Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- GPU: Adreno 308
- Memory: 2GB/3GB
- Colours: Red, Black, Blue, Gold
- Dimension: 160.43 mm x 76.21 mm x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 150g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.0-inch, TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1440 X 720 pixels
- Screen Protection: –
- Rear Camera: Dual 13MP + 5MP camera, 1080p Video@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Phase detection autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 5MP camera, 720p Video@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 16GB/32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 128GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE: B3/B7/B20/B38/B40
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE CAT 4 150/50Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.2 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: MicroUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/eAAC+/WAV player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264/FLAC player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4, 000mAh non removable Li-Po battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes