Jumia Flex support convenient payment for gadgets. Do you have a phone of your dreams? A particular smartphone or gadget you’ve been fantasizing about? That device you can’t seem to get your eyes off? You really would love to own and use it but you can’t ’cause…financial constraints. That problem will now become an issue of the past.
…thanks to Jumia and Afara Partners, you can “Buy Now, Pay Small Small”
As every single day passes, the smartness level of our smartphones goes higher, likewise their price. Everyone wants to use the best of phones but it is as though OEMs are making them unaffordable for the average phone lover — smartphone prices are hitting the roof!
To add fuel to the fire, the economic situation in this part of the world doesn’t reflect well on the purchasing power of its citizen. Hence, not all can afford to pay for a pricey flagship smartphone in a one-off manner.
With Jumia Flex, paying for your dream smartphone in (monthly) installments is now possible.
Top e-commerce website, Jumia, has partnered with one of Africa’s leading provider of alternate financial services, Afara Partners, to provide flexible payment plans for smartphones of interest and other gadgets at large. Jumia Flex, as a subsidiary of Jumia, is a platform that allows customers pay for gadgets in monthly installments that aligns perfectly with their financial capability.
To buy any phone or laptop, a small initial deposit (or security deposit) has to be made, and afterward, fixed deposits will.be made for a specified duration. Presently, there are only 3-month and 6-month payments plan available.
How to get started with Jumia Flex
Purchasing any gadget using the Jumia Flex platform is a combination of online and offline process.
First off, you have to visit the official website of the Jumia Flex platform to check the list of available gadgets (be it smartphone or laptop). If you find any gadget of choice, proceed to click the “Apply Now” button below the device to fill the application form. Proceed to fill the application form and a decision on your application will be communicated to you within 72 hours.
What are the Requirements?
On the application form/page, an applicant will be required to submit the following documents:
- Bank Statements from last 6 months (in PDF format)
- Valid means of identification (ID); could be international passpor, drivers license, voters card, or National ID (also in PDF format)
- You will also be required to supply the following:
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Monthly Income bracket/range
- Phone number (associated with BVN)
- Employment status and company/name of employer
- Applicants signature
Terms and Conditions
For the Jumia Flex program, there are some set rule in place.
1. A customer / applicant can only apply for one device.
2. Upon acceptance or approval of application, customers /applicants will be required to pay up the device in person in Lagos, at Jumia Flex’s Experience Centre in Yaba, Lagos.
3. Jumia Flex is currently only available for customers in Lagos
4. No hidden or extra fees or charges. Jumia Flex doesn’t charge for application. You are only required to pay in installments to the plan you choose.
Jumia Flex is a relatively new platform and idea and at the moment, the only devices available for purchase in installments are:
- iPhone X
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- iPhone 6S (Refurbished)
- iPhone 7 (Refurbished)
- MacBook Pro Retina
- MacBook Pro Retina (with Touch Bar)
- See More
All the devices are high-end flagship devices, have 3 months and 6 months payment option, and are all in good working conditions. In fact, all devices come with a warranty of 12 months.
If you are a salary earner on a tight budget, and there is need to purchase a device (smartphone or laptop) for personal or business use, the Jumia Flex program is the perfect plan for you. Now you can buy that dream device without breaking the bank or messing with your savings.
For latest information about Jumia Flex and gadgets currently on offer, Click Here.
- Jumia Mobile Week
- 13 Ways Jumia makes Shopping Online better for Everyone
- 5 Ways Jumia makes Online Shopping Safer
- Jumia Black Friday
- Jumia Payday Deals
- Best Android Phones
- Best 4G Phones
- Laptop Prices