Samsung Galaxy A10 was the most affordable smartphone from Samsung to offer Android 9 Pie out of the box at the time of its launch. The smartphone features a brilliant display and a good camera. You also get 4G LTE. Android 10 update is available for the Galaxy A10 and is already rolling out in some countries.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A10
Samsung later announced the Galaxy A10s which offered some upgrades like dual rear camera, fingerprint sensor, an upgrade in processor, and an upgraded battery.
Samsung Galaxy A10 Key Specs and Features
- 6.2-inch, IPS Infinity-V Display, 720 X 1520 pixels (271 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie, upgradeable to Android 10
- Octa-core Exynos 7884 CPU
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB built-in storage, up to 512GB Memory Card
- 13MP Rear Camera
- 5MP Front Camera
- Face Unlock
- 4G LTE (up to 150 Mbps)
- 3, 400 mAh Non-Removable Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy A10 comes in a beautiful plastic body available in black, blue, gold or red. Though the screen size is 6.2-inch, the design is compact due to the 19:9 aspect ratio.
This makes the smartphone comfortable in one hand use. Like other members of the 2019 ASeries this Galaxy phone features and infinity V display.
Samsung Galaxy A10 features a 6.2-inch IPS infinity-V display with 720 x 1520 pixels resolution. The wide screen is brilliant for browsing the web and watching movies.
Battery and Camera
Samsung Galaxy A10 does not offer dual-cameras. You get just a lone camera each on the front and back.
On the back, you get a 13 megapixels camera with LED flash and Panaroma. The rear camera can also record full HD videos.
The selfie camera on the front is a 5 megapixels camera (right on the V cutout on the display). The selfie camera also offers flash. The affordable Android phone also promises decent battery life thanks to its 3,400 Li-ion Battery.
You may also be interested in the Samsung Phones and Prices in Nigeria.
Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy A10 is powered by a Exynos 7884 chipset. The chipset offers the dual-core Cortex A73 clocked at 1.6GHz, a hexa-core Cortex A53 clocked at 1.35GHz, and the Mali G71 MP2 graphics processor.
The powerful octa-core processor means the smartphone can handle your computing needs, though it will struggle with high graphics applications. The chipset is paired with 2GB RAM and 32GB built-in storage.
You also get a dedicated slot for a micorSD card with support for up to 1TB memory card. Samsung Galaxy A10 runs on Android 9.0 out of the box.
Samsung Galaxy A10 is available in single SIM and dual-SIM variants. Both variants will not be available in all countries. Both variants support Nano-SIM cards.
The Android phone supports super-fast 4G LTE, boasting of download speeds of up to 150Mbps. In Nigeria, you can browse on 4G on MTN, Airtel, and 9Mobile.
Samsung Galaxy A10 sports a microUSB port (USB 2.0) and supports Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. It also supports GPS.
Samsung Galaxy A10 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A10 price in Nigeria starts at around 49,500 Naira. Price starts at around $153 at leading online stores. In Kenya Price starts at around 15,500 KSH. In Ghana, you will be able to buy the Samsung Galaxy A10 for GH₵ 599.
You can buy the smartphone at leading online stores in your country.
Samsung Galaxy A10 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A10:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie, upgradeable to Android 10
- Processor: Octa-core Processor, 1.6GHz dual-core + 1.35GHz hexa-core (Exynos 7884)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Blue, Black, Red, Gold
- Dimension: 155.6 x 75.6 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 168g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 6.2-inch, IPS Infinity-V Display, 720 X 1520 pixels (271 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Front Glass Cover
- Rear Camera: 13MP Camera, f/1.9, 1080p [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 5MP camera, f/2.0, LED Flash
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Cat 4 150/50Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: micro USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3, 400 mAh Li-ion battery (Non-Removable)
- Internet Usage Time: up to 19 hours (LTE & Wi-Fi), up to 15 hours (3G)
- Video Playback Time: up to 18 hours
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –