No hesitation, most of us saw it coming. The Samsung Galaxy A10s was a smartphone that offered some upgrade to the Galaxy A10. It offers an upgraded camera, fingerprint sensor, an upgraded processor and more battery capacity, among other new features. Samsung is now rolling out Android 10 and One UI 2.0 update for the Galaxy A10s.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A10s
Samsung Galaxy A10s mobile was released in August 2019, slightly longer than its July 2019 expected release. We will be looking at it in details to see how nice and lovely this device is.
Samsung Galaxy A10s Key Specs & Features
- 6.2 inch Infinity-V IPS Display, 720 x 1520 pixels (271 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie, One UI, Upgradeable to Android 10 and One UI 2.0
- Octa-core MT6762 Helio P22 CPU
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB Built-in Storage, up to 512GB Memory Card
- 13MP + 2MP Dual Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Rear-Mounted)
- 4G LTE (up to 150 Mbps)
- 4,000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy A10s comes with a big screen, but not the biggest we have seen. It comes in different colors; black, blue, red, and green, a very wild range which you can choose from.
Additionally, the mobile phone is made of plastic, has dimensions of 75.8 x 156.9 x 7.8 mm, and weighs 168 grams with the battery. Sadly, it is not waterproof but it’s OK considering its price which will be revealed below at the price and availability section.
The Display type on the Samsung Galaxy A10s is TFT (IPS) technology, a capacitive touchscreen with a multi-touch feature. It features a screen size of 6.2 inch infinity-V display with a 720 x 1560 display resolution.
This means that the screen has a V-cutout that houses the 8 megapixels camera. The Display protection comprises of scratch resistance.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy A10s runs on Android 9.0 Pie OS with One UI user interface on top. However, Samsung is now offering Android 10 update with One UI 2.0 for the smartphone.
It offers a different processor compare to the A10. The MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) chipset has two quad-core processors clocked at 2.0 GHz and 1.5GHz respectively, and PowerVR GE8320 dual-core GPU.
This explains how fast this device can function for multi-tasking purposes. You also get 2GB RAM, which combined with the chipset should offer competitive gaming performance.
Samsung Galaxy A10s comes with 32GB internal storage. There’s also an available memory card slot which boosts your storage further if you need more storage capacity. The slot supports up to 512GB microSD memory card.
It features a sensors for proximity, light, fingerprint, and accelerometer.
Camera and Battery
Samsung Galaxy A10s comes with great cameras. It has a total of three cameras, one more than the A10.
You still get the single camera on the front compared to the A10, though now it has been upgraded from a 5 megapixels camera to an 8 megapixels selfie camera.
On the back however, you get an additional camera. The 13MP camera is now supported by a 2MP depth sensor camera. The camera supports autofocus, HDR, Panorama, and 1080p video recording.
The camera also features dual-LED flash. Of course, you can also expect other great features from its camera department. Samsung Galaxy A10S is powered with a non-removable Li-Po 4,000 mAh battery.
The smartphone does not support wireless charging but it has fast-charging capacity.
Network and Connectivity
Samsung Galaxy A10s is a 4G phone, which can function with networks like the 2G, 3G, and 4G. It is a dual SIM phone with support for two Nano SIM cards.
Other networks connectivity mechanisms are Wi-Fi, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM radio, micro USB 2.0, and the headphone jack and other components. Sadly, no NFC.
Samsung Galaxy A10s Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A10s price in Nigeria starts at around 52,000 Naira. Price starts at around $141 at leading global online stores. In Kenya Price starts at around 14,499 KSh. You can buy the affordable Android phone at leading online stores near you.
Samsung Galaxy A10s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A10s Specs:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie (One UI), upgradeable to Android 10 (One UI 2.0)
- Processor: Octa-core Processor, 2.0 GHz quad-core and 1.5GHz quad-core (Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Blue, Green, Red, Black
- Dimension: 156.9 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 168 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.2 inch Infinity-V IPS Display, 720 x 1520 pixels (271 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Front Glass Cover
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 13MP (wide) + 2MP (depth) Dual Camera, f/1.9, 1080p [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED Flash, Panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.0, LED Flash
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (rear-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –