The 2019 iteration of the Galaxy Note series, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (a.k.a. Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Pro) is now officially available. This time we are getting two models instead of the usual one. Depending on the size that suits you best, you can get the latest Galaxy Note series in 6.3-inch screen for the Galaxy Note 10 or 6.8-inch screen.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is the bigger of the two models offering a 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED display. These new models offer loads of upgrades over last year’s Note, the Galaxy Note 9.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Key Specs & Features
- Android 9 (Pie), One UI
- 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19: 9 Aspect Ratio
- Always On Display
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (USA / China)
- Octa-core Exynos 9825 (EMEA / LATAM)
- 12MP + 12MP + 16MP + 3D Depth VGA Rear Camera
- 10MP Front Camera
- 256GB / 512GB built-in Storage, up to 512GB memory card
- Stylus Pen Included
- 4G LTE
- 4,300 mAh Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Fingerprint (Under Display / Ultrasonic)
Display and Design
Samsung Galaxy Note series has always been known for its superior design. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is no different with high-polish metal and glass.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus sports a brilliant 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED display with 1440 x 3040 pixel resolution (498 ppi), 19:9 aspect ratio, and HDR10+ support.
The display will be brilliant for watching movies and browsing the web.
The display is bigger than last year’s Galaxy Note 9 which featured a 6.4-inch screen. In addition, the design language on this year’s (2019) model is different.
The new display now coves to the edges of the mobile phone at the front with the front at a remarkable 91.0% screen-to-body ratio
The premium smartphone sports two curved glass plates which are at the front and back with a metal side frame which keeps it all together.
Software and Hardware
The Samsung indicated a gigantic transformation in its software with One UI that remains the basis of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus.
The One UI’s exclusive purpose to abridge the often intricate software found on previous Samsung phones, making things simple in other to navigate with one hand.
You also get Samsung DeX for desktop experience and Bixby for natural language commands and dictation.
The RAM stands at a 12GB RAM with 256GB or 512GB built-in storage. You can add up to 1TB additional storage via memory card. Those in the UK and the USA will be able to make use of the 5G networks.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is powered by the Exynos 9825 chipset which boast of more power compared to S10’s Exynos 9820.
The chipset sports an octa-core processor in a tri-cluster architecture consisting of two dual-core processors clocked at up to 2.74GHz and up to 2.4GHz and a quad-core processor clocked at up to 1.9GHz.
In the United States and China, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus will offer Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 consisting of a single processor clocked at up to 2.84GHz, a tri-core processor clocked at up to 2.42GHz, and a quad-core processor clocked at up to 1.74GHz.
Powerful processors paired with 12GB RAM means that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus will deliver top-notch performance. Gaming and Video streaming should be a breeze on this smartphone.
You may also be interested in the Samsung Phones List.
Camera and Battery
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus comes with a quad-camera setup on the back. We’ve got the usual suspects on the back – main 12 megapixels wide-angle camera is paired with 12 megapixels telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom and a 16 megapixels ultra-wide-angle camera.
The fourth camera is a 3D-ToF sensor helping with the scene depth mapping when you are taking portraits photos, and playing with most AR features and also the so-called Live videos.
The 12MP main camera on the Samsung Galaxy Note10+ offers an aperture which can be shifted between f/1.5 and f/2.4, depending on the circumstances. It also offers Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) and dual-pixel PDAF.
The 16MP ultra-wide camera sports an f/2.2 aperture, while the 12MP f/2.1 telephoto camera giving 2x optical zoom, PDAF and OIS.
There are some new AR camera features which you can make use of the S Pen’s Air Gestures zooming in and also snapping some shot without you having to touch your phone screen. For better or worse, it’s the same camera experience as you’d find on the S10 series.
The Battery life should be good thanks to the 4300 mAh battery. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ features a fast-charging capacity 45W with USB Power Delivery 3.0.
With 15W wireless charging capacity, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus can also be considered to offer fast wireless charging. The device supports both Qi and PMA wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus can also serve as a power bank with 9W charging capacity. Reserve wireless charging means the device can also be used to charge other devices using wireless charging.
The smartphone records 4k videos at up to 60 fps. Slo-Mo video is supported with recording of 720p HD videos at up to 960 fps and 1080p full HD videos at up to 240 fps.
Network and Connectivity
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is presented with a 4G LTE. The smartphone boast of download speeds of up to 2 Gbps and upload speeds of up to 150 Mbps.
It offers a two Nano SIM card slots. One of the SIM slots also doubles as the memory card slot.
The smartphone supports fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, and Wi-Fi Direct.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus starts at $800 for the 256GB model and $1,199 for the 512GB model. In Nigeria, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus starts at 330,000 Naira for the 256GB model.
Price in Kenya starts at around 112,000 KSh. You can buy the Galaxy Note 10+ at leading online stores and phone stores near you.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus:
- Platform: Android 9(Pie); One UI
- Processor: Octa-core Processor: 2.73GHz dual-core + 2.4GHz dual-core + 1.9 GHz quad-core (Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855) OR Octa-core Processor 2.84GHz single-core + 2.42GHz tri-core + 1.74GHz quad-core (Exynos 7825)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (with Snapdragon), Mali-G76 MP12 (with Exynos)
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Colours: Aura Glow, Aura White, Aura Black, Aura Blue
- Dimension: 162.3 x 77.2 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 196 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.8 inch Dynamic AMOLED 1440 x 3040 pixels (498 ppi), 19:9 Aspect ratio, HDR10+, Always On Display
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display:
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide) + 12MP (telephoto) + 16MP (ultra-wide) + 3D VGA Camera, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected] videos
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama, Dual-Pixel PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom (telephoto), dual video recording,
- Front Camera: 10 MP Camera 26mm (wide), 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, 4k video recording, Dual-video call, Auto HDR
- Built-in Storage: 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 1TB (shares with SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 46, 48, 66(1700/2100), 71(600) – SM-N975U1
- 5G: No (5G model available)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, Cat20 2048/150 Mbps
- 5G: No (5G model available)
- WLAN: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB 3.1, USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes, MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, APE, DSF, DFF
- Video Player: Yes, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus included.)
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display/ ultrasonic
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: Yes (included), 4096 pressure levels, Bluetooth enabled, up to 10 hours battery standby
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, 15W
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP68 (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,300 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 45W Fast Charging Capacity