The latest phablet from Samsung is the Samsung Galaxy Note 10. With a 6.3-inch display, it is the more compact of the two variants of the Galaxy Note announced recently. The other is the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus with a 6.8-inch display.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 10
This year (2019), Samsung decided to offer two variants of the Galaxy Note with two models compared to the single model offered in previous years.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 is the more compact model, but combined with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is the successor of the Galaxy Note 9.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Key Specs & Features
- Android 9 (Pie), One UI
- 6.3-inch Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 Aspect Ratio
- Always On Display
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (USA / China)
- Octa-core Exynos 9825 (EMEA / LATAM)
- 12MP + 12MP + 16MP Rear Camera
- 10MP Front Camera
- 256GB built-in Storage, no memory card support
- Stylus Pen Included
- 4G LTE
- 3,500 mAh Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Fingerprint (Under Display / Ultrasonic)
Display and Design
The Galaxy Note series has always been on the superior end of its scale, the 2019 two-device design continues in this trend.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 features a 6.3-inch Dynamic AMOLED O-infinity display with 1080 x 2280 pixels resolution. The screen is essentially slightly smaller than last year’s Note 9 that featured a 6.4-inch screen. For a bigger screen, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus offers a 6.8-inch display.
The display of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 now goes to the edges of the phone’s front, conceding it a remarkable 90.9% screen-to-body ratio.
The ‘Infinity-O’ display, a heritage from the Galaxy S10, offers an O-cutout that houses the 10 megapixels front camera for taking selfies. The display is always on with HDR10+ support.
The display and the back glass also is curved together in other to create a compact feel in-hand, than the phone appears to sport when you’re holding it.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 comes in different colors Aura Glow, Aura White, Aura Black, Aura Pink, Aura Red
Software and Hardware
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 runs on Android 9 Pie with the elegant One UI running on top. You also get Samsung. Bixby is integrated for natural language command and dictation support.
The RAM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 stands at 8GB and there is 256GB built-in storage. However, you cannot upgrade the storage as there is no memory card support.
For those who will be wanting to make use of faster 5G connectivity, you will have to cough up for the costlier 5G version.
Like the Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is powered by the Exynos 9825 chipset. So, gaming and video streaming should be very smooth on the device.
The chipset sports an octa-core processor in a tri-cluster architecture consisting of two dual-core processors clocked at up to 2.74GHz and up to 2.4GHz and a quad-core processor clocked at up to 1.9GHz.
In the United States and China, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 will offer Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 consisting of a single processor clocked at up to 2.84GHz, a tri-core processor clocked at up to 2.42GHz, and a quad-core processor clocked at up to 1.74GHz.
Camera and Battery
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 offers a triple camera setup. It comes with a main 12MP sensor with an aperture that will be shifted between f/1.5 and f/2.4 depending on its circumstances, a 16MP ultra-wide f/2.2 sensor and also a 12MP f/2.1 telephoto cam giving 2x lossless optical zoom.
The main and telephoto cameras come with an OIS (optical image stabilization) just like it’s on the S10. The Camera setup is essentially the same as the Note 10 Plus, except that the 3D depth camera has been dropped.
There is some new AR camera features with AR Emoji and AR Doodle and you can make use the S Pen’s Air Gestures zooming in and snapping some shot without you touching your phone screen.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 sports a 3500 mAh battery which should deliver a reasonable battery life. It features fast-charging 25W capacity with USB Power Delivery 3.0 support.
With 12W wireless charging capacity, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 can also be considered to offer fast wireless charging. The device supports both Qi and PMA wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 can also serve as a power bank with 9W charging capacity. Reserve wireless charging means the device can also be used to charge other devices using wireless charging.
The smartphone records 4k videos at up to 60 fps. Slo-Mo video is supported with recording of 720p HD videos at up to 960 fps and 1080p full HD videos at up to 240 fps.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Price and Availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 starts at $949. Samsung Galaxy Note 10 price in Nigeria starts at 285,000 Naira. You can buy the Galaxy Note 10 at leading online stores and phone stores near you.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10:
- Platform: Android 9 (Pie); One UI
- Processor: Octa-core Processor: 2.73GHz dual-core + 2.4GHz dual-core + 1.9 GHz quad-core (Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855) OR Octa-core Processor 2.84GHz single-core + 2.42GHz tri-core + 1.74GHz quad-core (Exynos 7825)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (with Snapdragon), Mali-G76 MP12 (with Exynos)
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Aura Glow, Aura White, Aura Black, Aura Blue
- Dimension: 151 x 71.8 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 168 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.3 inch Dynamic AMOLED 1080 x 2280 pixels (401 ppi), 19:9 Aspect ratio, HDR10+, Always On Display
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display:
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide) + 12MP (telephoto) + 16MP (ultra-wide) Triple Camera, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected] videos
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama, Dual-Pixel PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom (telephoto), dual video recording,
- Front Camera: 10 MP Camera 26mm (wide), 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, 4k video recording, Dual-video call, Auto HDR
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 46, 48, 66(1700/2100), 71(600) – SM-N970U1
- 5G: No (5G model available)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, Cat20 2048/150 Mbps
- 5G: No (5G model available)
- WLAN: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes,5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 3.1, USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes, MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, APE, DSF, DFF
- Video Player: Yes, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus included.)
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display/ ultrasonic)
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: Yes (included), 4096 pressure levels, Bluetooth enabled, up to 10 hours battery standby
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, 12W
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP68 (up to 1.5m for 30 minutes)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,500 mAh Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 25W