The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro fixes a lot of the shortcomings the Xiaomi Mi 9 had. When compared with its less premium cousin, it features an improved processor, bigger battery and lots more, without straying too far from the budget circle. In this article, we explore the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro Specs and Price.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.39-inches, Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 X 2340 pixels (403 ppi)
- Android 10, MIUI 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ 7nm
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB/ 512GB Internal Storage
- 48MP + 12MP + 16MP Tri Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (under Display)
- 30W Fast Wireless Charging
- 40W Fast Charging Capacity
- Water and Dust Proof (IP68 certification)
- 4000 mAh non-removable Li-Pro battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro continues by its predecessors. It offers a very modern design that fits into the flagship space. Most of the aesthetics features you will find on most flagship mobile phones are present here.
The premium smartphone was built with a mixture of glass and metal. There is a Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on the front and rear of this device, which strengthens the glass.
On the rear of this smartphone, we have a very familiar setup coming from the Xiaomi Mi 9. We have curved edges and a gradient color system design, that changes shades depending on how light hits it. You will also find a triple camera setup here, as well as a camera flash, and the MI branding.
Flip the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro to get a frontal view, and you are presented with a notched 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Display, with a screen resolution of 1080 X 2340 pixels and a screen density of 403 ppi. Please note that there is an optical fingerprint sensor under the display.
Color variants are quite limited. Purchasing the handset, you have the option of choosing either dream white or titanium black.
Cameras on the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro may not be as powerful as the cameras on the iPhone 11, but they sure pack interesting and power features. If you love taking photos with your smartphone you are definitely going to love these cameras.
The smartphone packs a set of cameras, that is going to let you shoot sharp images as well as stabilized videos. The difference here is that unlike the top camera smartphones, you are required to invest some extra effort to take photos and videos crisp. Shooting them in favorable conditions is key.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro sports an array of 3 cameras on the rear. This triple-camera setup houses a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of F/1.8, a Telephoto camera with an aperture of F/2.2 and a 16MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of F/2.2.
This rear camera lets you shoot photos in HDR and Panorama. For videos, you are at liberty to shoot 2160p videos at 30 and 60 FPS, hoot 1080p videos at 30/120/240 and 960FPS.
Upfront, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro features a 20MP selfie camera, with an aperture of F/2.2. This camera lets you take HDR photos and also lets you shot 1080p videos with frame rates as high as 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro houses the top of the line hardware specs, aimed at offering the ambitious Xiaomi smartphone fan, with a lot of smartphone power. Hardware specs on this device are a replica of a lot of high-end devices we have today.
The cell phone features the top of the line 7nm Octa-core Snapdragon 855+ processor, which has a max clock speed of 2.96GHz max and an idle clock speed of 1.8GHz.
Unlike the Xiaomi Mi 9 that had two variants for RAM, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro features a singe 12GB RAM variant. For storage, you have the option of choosing either the 128GB, 256GB or the top of the line 512GB variant. Please note that the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro doesn’t support expansion via Micro-SD, as it doesn’t feature a Micro-SD slot.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro houses a non-removable 4000mAh Li-po battery. Also on board is the Qualcomm quick charge 4+, which facilitates 40W fast charging via a USB cord and 30W fast wireless charging. It also has support for 10W reverse wireless charging, allowing you charge devices, by placing them on its rear covering.
on the software side, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro runs the MIUI 11 interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro features a USB type C port version 2.0, dual-band wifi connectivity, Bluetooth 5.0 and also near field connection (NFC).
Please note that the smartphone doesn’t feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. If you desire to listen to content using headphones, you have the option of either using a USB-C headphone or using a wireless headphone.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro supports LTE band 7 and LTE band 3, this means the LTE smartphone supports 9Mobile, MTN, and Airtel 4G network. Please, note the Glo 4G network isn’t supported on this device.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro Price and Availability
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro price in Nigeria starts at around 211,000 Naira, which is about 587.99 dollars.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro is currently available for purchase and can be purchased from offline retail stores near you, as well as online retail stores that ship goods to your region.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 11
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ Processor (2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 2.42 GHz Tri-core Kryo 485 & 1.8GHz quad-core Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- Colours: Dream White, Titanium Black
- Dimension: 157.2 x 74.6 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x2340 pixels (40 ppi), DCI-P3, HDR10
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (primary, wide) F/1.8 + 12MP (telephoto) F/2.2 + 16MP (ultrawide) F/2.2 Tri Camera, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Flash, PDAF, Laser Autofocus, 2x Optical Zoom, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 20MP Camera, F/2.0, HDR, [email protected] video
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: 850/ 900/ 1700 / 1900/ 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: 1(2100) 2(1900) 3(1800) 4(1700) 5(850) 7(2600) 8(900) 12(700) 20(800) 34(2000) 38(2600) 39(1900) 40(2300) 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 40W Fast Battery Charging, 30W Fast Wireless Charging, 10W Power bank/Reverse wireless charging