The Xiaomi 9T Pro is one of the latest smartphones in the Xiaomi Mi 9 series of smartphones. The Mi 9 series of smartphones has been an experimental series for Xiaomi.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
With over four iterations, Xiaomi has been adapting the smartphones in the Mi 9 Series to meet the current trends, without a very substantial increase in price.
It continues the trends of blending into the latest trend, without having a very substantial price difference. In this article, we explore the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro specs and Price.
Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro Key Specs and Features
- 6.39 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Octa-core Qualcomme SnapDragon 855 Processor (7 nm); Adreno 640
- 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage, No Memory Card Support
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 13MP Triple Rear Camera and 20MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Colors – Carbon black, Red flame, Glacier blue
- 4000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The design of the Xiaomi Mi 9T pro is a reminiscence of what we had on the Xiaomi Mi 9T. Aesthetically Both smartphones are the same.
The Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro has a mixture of glass and metal in its build. This blend of build materials was chosen in order to give the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro some form of durability.
The Red flame and Glacier variant of the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro both feature a gradient look on the rear covering. The Red flame variant has a gradient that features a mixture of red and black, while the Glacier blue gradient features a mixture of blue and black. Meanwhile, the Carbon black color variant features a design that appears to be faux carbon fiber.
The rear cover of the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro houses an array of three cameras, a camera flash, and the Xiaomi Redmi branding. Situated on the left side of its frame is are the volume rockers and the power button.
On the bottom side of the frame, you have a Micro-SD card slot, a USB-C port, a speaker grille, and a mic. While on the top of the frame there you have a 3.5mm headphone jack and a pop-up selfie camera.
Speaking about fitting into the latest trends, the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro has a display that blends to the latest display trend. Bezels here have been shrunk to the bearest minimum, something that is facilitated by the fact that the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro features a pop-up camera.
The Mi 9T houses a 6.39 inch AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a pixel density of 403ppi. This 6.39-inch display also houses an optical fingerprint sensor for securing the device.
The Xiaomi Redmi Mi 9T Pro may not feature the best of the best camera hardware, but it does feature the essentials for being a modern smartphone camera.
Cameras on this smartphone are certainly going to appeal to a smartphone camera enthusiast who is restrained by budget. The Xiaomi Redmi Mi 9T Pro features one of the best cameras on smartphones under this price point.
The Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro features a 20MP pop selfie camera with an aperture of F2.2. This camera is capable of taking wide-angle selfies.
There is no hardware selfie flash here. The Mi 9T makes use of a software flash from the display to light up selfies taken in the dark.
On the rear of this device, we have an array of 3 intelligent cameras. The Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro features a 48MP primary sensor with an aperture of F/2.5, an 8MP telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom, an aperture of F/2.4. The Xiaomi Mi 9T also features a 13MP Ultra-wide-angle camera with an aperture of F/2.4.
Hardware and Software
For a smartphone released in 2019, the Xiaomi Mi 9T is no mid-ranger specs-wise. The Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro is a high-end smartphone with a midrange smartphone price.
The majority of the intense tasks ran on smartphones would run smoothly on this device. Gaming isn’t left out. The Xiaomi Mi 9T pro promises a very smooth gaming experience.
The Xiaomi Mi 9T pro is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, 8GB or 6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage, the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro has the option of storage expansion via Micro-SD a 4000MAH battery. This device features 27W fast charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
On the software side, the Xiaomi Mi 9T runs MIUI 10 on top of Android 9.0 Pie. There is no word on future updates to Android 10 for now.
Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro Price and Availability
Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro price in Nigeria starts around 147,699 Naira which is around $408. The Mi 9T can be purchased on most of the online retail stores that operate in Nigeria, you can also purchase from some selected retail stores that sell Xiaomi devices.
Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI
- Processor: Octa-core Processor: 2.84GHz Kyro 485, 2.45GHz tri-core Kyro 485, 1.78GHz qud-core Kyro 485 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7 nm))
- GPU: Adreno6 40
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- Colors: Carbon black, Red flame, Glacier blue
- Dimension: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm (6.17 x 2.93 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 191 g (6.74 oz
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 (403 ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48-megapixel (f/1.75, 0.8-micron, wide) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4, 1.12-micron, telephoto) + 13-megapixel (f/2.4, 1.12-micron, ultra-wide), [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, Laser Autofocus, 2x Optical Zoom
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 20 MP, f/2.2, 0.8µm
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300)
- 5G: – No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type C (USB 2.0), USB on the Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 27W Fast Charging Capacity (Quick Charge 4+)