The Huawei Y6s 2019 is a new entry-level smartphone that was announced by the Chinese electronics giant. The smartphone surprisingly goes official with Google Mobile Services (GMS) and is powered by a MediaTek chipset rather than the Snapdragon or Kirin chipset.
Where to Buy Huawei Y6s 2019
One of the quirks is the MediaTek processor powering the Huawei Y6s (2019). This is somehow since Huawei has not been using MediaTek chipsets in its smartphones. This also goes a way to tell that Huawei is looking for another way around the trade restrictions put on it by the US Government.
The MediaTek processor is not that bad and it seems to be the only viable solution for a budget smartphone when trying to avoid Qualcomm chipsets.
Huawei Y6s 2019 Key Specs & Features
- 6.09 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 pixels (282 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.1
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35
- 13 MP Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB Built-in Storage, up to 512GB SDcrad
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear-Mounted)
- 4G LTE network
- 3020 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Huawei Y6s (2019) features a decent body design. The front is made of glass while the back features plastic and also a plastic frame.
The panel is smooth and neat housing just a single shooter with an LED flash for low background shooting.
The fingerprint scanner is placed on its usual position, while the logo is on the bottom. The device measures 156.3 x 73.5 x 8 mm in dimensions and the weight just 150 grams.
On the front, the waterdrop notch host the front camera. It also has a screen display size of 6.09 inches under IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. The screen, on the other hand, has a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio and 282 PPI density.
Camera and Battery
On the optics, the Huawei Y6s (2019) offers a single 13-megapixel primary camera with an aperture rating of f/1.8. You will also get an 8-megapixel sensor on the front, with an aperture rating of f/2.0.
The Android phone is fueled by a non-removable battery capacity of 3,020 mAh and it does not come with fast charging technology.
Hardware and Software
The Huawei Y6s (2019) has a Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 chipset based on 12nm process technology with an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.3 GHz. It has PowerVR GE8320 GPU for graphics and gaming.
Booting the phone is an Android 9.0 Pie operating system with EMUI 9.1 user interface.
The affordable android phone flaunts 3 GB of RAM along with 32 GB or 64GB of native storage, expandable via a microSD card.
Network and Other Features
The Huawei Y6s (2019) has a dual SIM which has 4G LTE Network for fast browsing and downloads.
Other features include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth, A-GPS for navigation, NFC, FM radio for entertainment with built-in antenna and micro USB 2.0 for files transfer and charging.
Huawei Y6s (2019) Price And Availability
The Huawei Y6s (2019) pricing is not yet available, however, it’s expected to sell around 120 EUR. In Nigeria, this roughly converts to 48,000 Naira depending on your location.
In Ghana, it will cost about 760 Ghs and 13,500 Ksh in Kenya. You can order the smartphone in multiple colors such as Orchid Blue, and Starry Black.
Huawei Y6s (2019) Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei Y6s (2019):
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.1
- Processor: Octa-core Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (2.3 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 & 1.8 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Orchid Blue, Starry Black
- Dimension: 156.3 x 73.5 x 8 mm
- Weight: 150 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.09 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 pixels (282 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Camera, [email protected] Video
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, PDAF, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – JAT-L29, JAT-LX1, JAT-LX1 NFC
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – JAT-LX3
- 4G LTE: Yes LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500) – JAT-L29, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) – JAT-LX1 NFC, JAT-LX1, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 28(700), 38(2600), 41(2500) – JAT-LX3
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: No
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3020 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –