The Samsung Galaxy A51 was among the new smartphones that were announced by Samsung ending 2019. The device was launched alongside the Samsung Galaxy A71. Samsung Galaxy A51 sports a 6.5-inch Infinity-O display, 48MP quad cameras, and 4,000mAh battery.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A51
It’s the successor of the Galaxy A50 and the Galaxy A50S. One of the top-notch features on the device is the punch-hole display like the Galaxy Note 10. It also packs some exciting features such as a bigger battery, quad camera, and ample RAM.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, (~405 ppi)
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- 2.3 GHz Octa-core Exynos 9611 Processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB inbuilt storage expandable via SDcard
- 48 MP + 12 MP + 5 MP + 5 MP Quad Rear Camera
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display, optical)
- 4G LTE Network
- Fast Battery Charging 15W
- 4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
In terms of body design, the Samsung Galaxy A51 features a nice and smooth panel that is wrapped with premium plastic. It offers a mirror back with a diamond-cut design that is home to an L-shaped quad-camera configuration.
It measures 158.5 x 73.6 x 7.9 mm in dimensions and weight 172 grams. The device is available in attractive colors edition. The front is made of glass offering an Infinity-O S-AMOLED display of 6.5 inches.
It supports a 20:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The display is embedded with an in-screen fingerprint reader. Additional, the phone comes with face recognition.
On the camera aspect, the Samsung Galaxy A51 comes with a quad-camera system that comprises of a 48-megapixel main lens with f/2.0 aperture, a depth sensor of 5-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture, a macro lens of 5-megapixel with f/2.4 aperture and lastly is an ultrawide lens of 12-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture.
When it comes to selfies and video calling, you will get an impressive front camera of f/2.2 aperture 32-megapixel lens. The main camera features Smart Switch, Live Focus, and Super Steady Video.
Hardware and software
The Samsung Galaxy A51 is powered by Exynos 9611 chipset that has an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.3GHz. It comes with multiple RAM that includes 4GB, 6GB, and 8GB RAM while the inbuilt storage is 64GB and 128GB.
The slot for a micro sd card on the device allows you to expand the onboard storage up to 1 TB. The device runs on the latest Android 10 based on One UI 2.0 out of the box.
Battery and Network
The Samsung Galaxy A51 is fueled by a non-removable 4,000mAh battery that supports 15W fast charging. It also has support for Dolby Atmos.
The dual SIM on the smartphone has support for 4G LTE Network and other regulars such as Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot for wireless internet connection, Bluetooth, FM radio for entertainment, A-GPS for navigation and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector for files transfer and charging.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A51 price in Nigeria starts at around 102,000 Naira ($283) for the model with 4GB RAM and around 110,000 ($305) for the model with 6GB RAM. In Ghana, it will cost around 1,790 Ghs and 28,999 Ksh in Kenya.
The pre-order started on Dec. 16 and it will be available for purchase from Dec. 27. Those that pre-ordered the device will receive a Bluetooth headset and a 10,000 mAh power bank from Samsung.
The Samsung Galaxy A51 will be shipped in Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Blue and Prism Crush Pink.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A51:
- Platform: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 9611 (2.3 GHz quad-core Cortex-A73 & 1.7 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Prism, Crush Black, White, Blue, Pink
- Dimension: 158.5 x 73.6 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 172 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM) or(Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.5 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, (~405 ppi density) AMOLED
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 12 MP (ultrawide) + 5 MP (telephoto, macro) + 5 MP (wide, depth) Quad Camera, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps Videos
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 32 MP Camera, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes up to 1 TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes, (market dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (15W Capacity)