The Samsung Galaxy S20 5G is part of the Galaxy S20 series that was announced by the South Korean company. The 5G means the handset comes with the trending 5G network giving it an edge over the standard version.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
Apart from that, the smartphone has been upgraded with big RAM as well. Are you also expecting to see the Samsung Galaxy S20E? Sorry to say, there’s no S20E this year.
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.2 inches, Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~563 ppi density)
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Octa-core Exynos 990 (7 nm+) – Global, Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) – USA
- 12 GB RAM
- 128 GB Built-in Storage up to 1TB Memory Card
- 12 MP + 64 MP + 12 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 10 MP Front Camera
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display, ultrasonic)
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fast battery charging 25W
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
- Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh Battery
In terms of body design, there is nothing too special or different between the Galaxy S20 and this one. It’s just the same design and display. The handset still maintains a classic and premium body.
It’s built with a combination of aluminum frames and glass. It has body dimensions of 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm and weighs 163 grams.
You will get a Samsung Pay which is Visa and MasterCard certified. The IP68 rating on the device shows it’s dust and water-resistant. It can survive up to 1.5m for 30 mins in water.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 5G still has the same screen size of 6.2 inches under Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen. The screen has a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels, a 20:9 ratio and 563 PPI density for vivid color reproduction.
Furthermore, it comes with a 120Hz refresh rate to increase touch responsiveness. The display is protected by a corning gorilla glass 6 and also comes with HDR10+ and Always-on display.
On the camera department, there is a 12MP primary sensor with 1/1.76” sensor size. Samsung claims that the sensor is about 1.65x bigger than that of the Galaxy S10 and can capture more light.
Additional is a 12MP ultrawide angle camera too and a 64MP telephoto camera that features 3x hybrid optical zoom and up to 30x space zoom. Just like the standard variant, this one can record 8K videos and you can capture 33MP stills from your video recording.
For selfies and video calling, you will get a front camera of 10 MP which may sound disappointing at first but with the 4K video quality, the sensor will be part of the deal sealer.
Hardware and Software
Rocking the premium smartphone is a powerful Snapdragon 865 processor or Samsung’s own Exynos 990 chipset. The processor will depend on your region. We in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East will get the Exynos variant, while the Snapdragon is for those in the USA.
Both runs on the latest Android 10 with One UI 2 slapped on top. The inbuilt storage on the phone is 128GB with a huge RAM of 12GB. There is a slot on the inside which gives you the option to expand the memory up to 1TB.
Battery and Network
The Samsung Galaxy S20 5G packs a massive battery capacity of 4000 mAh with fast charging of 25W. It also carries support for USB Power Delivery 3.0, fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W and power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W just like it’s siblings.
The network option includes 4G and 5G networks for fast browsing and downloads. Other features are NFC support, eSIM support, dual-SIM support WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, and a USB-C 3.2 port.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 5G comes with Samsung Dex for desktop experience support and Bixby natural language commands and dictation. Furthermore, it also has support for Live Caption making it the first non-Pixel Android phones to have such features.
Samsung has signed a partnership with Microsoft to bring Forza Street to the Galaxy S20 series. They have also partnered with Google to have Duo built-in with the phone app.
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G price starts at around $725 at leading global online stores. The Galaxy S20 5G costs around 320,000 Naira in Nigeria, 6,000 GHs in Ghana, and 89,000 KES in Kenya.
The handset will be shipped in Cosmic Gray, Cloud Blue, and Cloud Pink.
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G:
- Platform: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Processor: Exynos 990 (7 nm+) Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.60 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)- Global, Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585) – USA- USA
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 – Global, Adreno 650 – USA
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Colours: Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink, Cosmic White
- Dimension: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM and/or eSIM or Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.2 inches, Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~563 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (Wide) + 64 MP (Telephoto) + 12 MP (ultrawide), 4320p@24fps, 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+, dual-video rec., stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 10 MP Dual video call, Auto-HDR, 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (Dual SIM model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- 5G: Yes, 5G band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 28(700), 40(2300), 77(3700), 78(3500); SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB 3.2, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, ultrasonic)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast battery charging 25W