Meet the new Samsung Galaxy S20 smartphone. The new phone is the smallest of the new flagship trio from Samsung. Yes, you are correct, Samsung jump from Galaxy S10 to Galaxy S20.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
This has been predicted before but right now we are impressed. The new machine sports a classic body design and impressive features that will blow your mind.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Key Specs & Features
- 6.2 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~563 ppi density)
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Octa-core Exynos 990 (7 nm+) – Global, Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) – USA
- 8 GB RAM
- 128 GB Built-in Storage up to 1TB Memory Card
- 12 MP + 64 MP + 12 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 10 MP Front Camera
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display, ultrasonic)
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- 4G LTE Network
- Fast battery charging 25W
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
- Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Going by the design, the Samsung Galaxy S20 is not far from its predecessor the Galaxy S10. Size-wise, the device packs similar body design. Apart from the whole body that is wrapped with the latest corning gorilla glass 6, the handset also comes in a grand style.
The neat panel and the whole body measures 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm in dimensions and also weight 164 grams. It has an IP68 rating making it both dust and water-resistant up to 1.5m for 30 mins.
This means users can take the phone along to the pool. However, you have to be careful because the warranty does not cover liquid damage. There’s also Samsung Pay equipped on the phone.
You must have been wondering about the location of the fingerprint scanner since it’s not on the back. Yes, your guess is as good as mine. The security features have been shifted to the screen which is the perfect place.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 also comes with a large screen display size. The 6.2 inches make use of Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen with a 120Hz refresh rate making it the first from Samsung. This feature will increase the device’s touch responsiveness.
It has a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels, a tall 20:9 ratio, and 563 PPI density. The always-on display is also on the device and HDR10+ support.
One of the phone top selling points is the camera. Samsung took it’s time to bring something worth the whole attention. The rear camera consists of three shooters while the front camera is just single.
The primary sensor is 12 MP featuring large 1.8µm pixels. It also comes with an f/1.8 aperture and has optical image stabilization (OIS). The highest is the telephoto lens of 64 MP. The maker advertises 3x hybrid zoom and up to 30x “Super-Resolution Zoom on the lens.
This module also comes prepared with OIS and a bright aperture of f/2.0. The 64 MP shooter is also responsible for the 8K video quality. The last one is the ultrawide sensor of 12 MP which can snap 120° angle with Super Steady video.
Selfies lovers will get a front camera of 10 MP wide. The front camera features Dual video call, Auto-HDR and can record 4K videos.
Hardware and Software
Just as it has become like a tradition in the S family. The Galaxy S20 is available in different chips and processors depending on your region.
Those of us in Africa will be getting the smartphone in its own Exynos 990 (Global) with an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.73 GHz Mongoose M5.
Those in the United States will get a Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 chipset with an octa-core processor that has a clocking speed of 2.84 GHz. Don’t mistake the speed, both the Global and the American version will perform extremely great.
Both versions have an ample RAM of 8GB with an inbuilt storage of 128GB. You can still expand the memory if you’re willing to sacrifice the second SIM slot. The smartphone will run on the latest Android 10 out of the box with One UI 2 user interface on top.
Battery and Network
The Samsung Galaxy S20 comes with a Non-Removable battery capacity of 4000 mAh. The battery carries support for fast charging 25W with USB Power Delivery 3.0.
Furthermore, it has fast Qi and PMA wireless charging 15W and lastly is the power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W. This is to say you can power your other devices with the Galaxy S20.
As for the network connectivity, the new phone from the S family still maintains a 4G LTE network and also comes with NFC support, eSIM support, dual-SIM support WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, and a USB-C 3.2 port.
The Galaxy S20 comes with special features such as Samsung Dex for desktop experience support and Bixby natural language commands and dictation.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy S20 price in Nigeria starts at around 365,000 Naira. Price starts at around €899.00 in Europe. In Ghana, it will cost around 5,000 Ghs and 80,000 Ksh in Kenya.
You can order the phone in amazing colors such as Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, and Cloud Pink.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S20:
- Platform: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Processor: Exynos 990 (7 nm+) Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.60 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)- Global, Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585) – USA- USA
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 – Global, Adreno 650 – USA
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Colours: Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink, Cosmic White
- Dimension: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM and/or eSIM or Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.2 inches, Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~563 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (Wide) + 64 MP (Telephoto) + 12 MP (ultrawide), [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected], HDR10+, dual-video rec., stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 10 MP Dual video call, Auto-HDR, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (Dual SIM model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, ultrasonic)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast battery charging 25W