The Samsung Galaxy M31 steps a notch higher, offering specs which improve on the Samsung Galaxy M30. In comparison, you have got a bigger battery, improved cameras, and lots more. In this article, we explore the Samsung Galaxy M31 specs and features.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy M31
Samsung Galaxy M31 Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (411 ppi)
- Octa-core Exynos 9611 Processor
- Android 10.0; One UI 2.0
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Storage Built-in Storage, with Memory Card Support
- 64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera
- 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear Mounted)
- 6000 mAh Li-Po Non-Removable Battery
The Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy M31 bears some design elements we have seen on other Samsung smartphones. You have got a chassis that looks like that of the Samsung Galaxy M30. However, there is an obvious change that sells it as a successor.
Unlike its predecessor, you have got a quad-camera setup arranged in a manner similar to that of the Samsung Galaxy S20. This quad-camera setup on the rear is actually the only conspicuous feature that differentiates it from the Galaxy M30.
Aside from a quad-camera setup, the rear of this smartphone is also home to a capacitive fingerprint sensor and the Samsung branding, indicating it is a Samsung smartphone.
Upfront is a 6.4-inch super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a screen density of 411ppi. This display has a drop notch, which is home to a front-facing camera.
The Samsung Galaxy M31 comes in two color variants. You could either go for Ocean Blue or Space Black.
Comparing the cameras on the Samsung Galaxy M31 to that of its predecessor, you have got a very substantial upgrade. You have a Penta camera system that has four cameras on the rear and a single camera upfront.
The Quad camera system on the rear is comprised of a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 5MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
With this camera setup, you can shoot photos in DR, Panorama and also shoot 4k videos at 30fps and 1080p videos at 30fps.
The Selfie camera on the Samsung Galaxy M31 is a 32MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera lets you shoot photos in HDR and also 1080p videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy M31 offers mid-range specs, which is an upgrade to what we had on its predecessor. It offers hardware capable of running a lot of not so power-intensive tasks smoothly.
Under the hood, there is an Octa-core Exynos 9611 processor, which can be compared to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor.
You also get a Mali-G72 MP3 graphics processing unit, 6GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, an option for storage expansion via micro-SD and a massive Non-Removable 6000mAh Li-Po battery.
Fast charge mechanism on this mobile phone is maxed at 15W, which is, in my opinion, isn’t enough, considering its massive battery size.
The Samsung Galaxy M31 runs One UI 2.0 on top of the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy M31 features a 3.5mm jack and the USB Type C (USB 2.0). Other connectivity options include dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0
Internet connectivity is maxed at 4G LTE. The Samsung Galaxy M31 doesn’t have 5G support.
Samsung Galaxy M31 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy M31 price starts at around $249.99. The smartphone costs 119,500 in Nigeria and 26,200 KSh in Kenya.
The Samsung Galaxy M31 was announced in February 2020 and is expected to go on sale in March 2020.
Samsung Galaxy M31 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy M31
- Platform: Android 10.0; One UI 2.0
- Processor: Octa-core 4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 (Exynos 9611)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Ocean Blue, Space Black
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (411 ppi)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad Camera
- Rear Camera Features: PDAF, LED Flash, HDR, Night mode, Panorama mode, [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO:
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol:
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner:
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 6000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Video Playback Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Fast Charging Capacity