The Samsung Galaxy M21 is now official. The smartphone was announced in India replacing the Samsung Galaxy M20 that was launched last year.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy M21
The new phone comes with an impressive rear snapper of 48 MP and a front camera of 20 MP and a monster battery of 6000 mAh on the inside. Samsung introduces this device to compete with the new Redmi and Realme phones in the market.
Samsung Galaxy M21 Key Specs & Features
- 6.4 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi)
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Octa-core Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- 4/6GB RAM
- 64/128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 20 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted)
- Fast Charging 15W
- Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
In terms of body design, the smartphone looks great. Although it’s built with glass, still offers a smooth panel featuring the cameras and an LED flash. The frame is also made of plastic while the front featured a glass.
Samsung Galaxy M21 measures 159 x 75.1 x 8.9 mm in dimensions and weighs 188 grams. It comes in amazing colors shades such as Midnight Blue, and Raven Black.
The waterdrop notch on the front host the selfies snapper and it offers a screen display size of 6.4-inch Infinity-U Super AMOLED display that delivers 19.5:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD resolution.
The company claims that the Widevine L1 certification will allow a user to enjoy streaming content. Apart from the corning gorilla glass equipped on the screen, it reaches 84.2% screen-to-body ratio.
Many will find the camera set-up on this phone impressive. The Samsung Galaxy M21 employs triple sensors that consist of a 48-megapixel main lens, a 123-degree 8-megapixel superwide lens, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor.
The main camera features LED flash, panorama, HDR and can also record 4K video quality. It has a 20 MP frontal shooter for selfies and video calling.
Hardware and Software
Powering the phone is One UI 2.0 based Android 10 operating system out of the box. You will get the same Exynos 9611 chipset which was found on the Galaxy M30S. The SOC has an octa-core processor handling its assignment at a speed of 2.3 GHz while the Mali-G72 MP3 is for graphics.
Samsung Galaxy M21 has a maximum inbuilt storage of 128GB coupled with 6GB RAM which is enough to handle multitasking and gaming. Thanks to the dedicated slot for SDcard, you can also expand the storage.
Battery and Network
One of the top-selling points of the phone is the massive 6000 mAh battery which is a huge upgrade compared to the Galaxy M20 that has 5000 mAh. The battery supports fast charging 15W which will ensure you refill the juicer in a few minutes.
For security, you will get a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and Face ID. The connectivity options on the Samsung Galaxy M21 includes a dual SIM support, 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack and USB-C port.
Samsung Galaxy M21 Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy M21 is now available in India at a price of $175. It will also come to Nigeria and other African countries in two versions 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage and 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage.
In Nigeria, it’s expected to sell at a price of 65,000 Naira, while in Ghana, it will cost 1,000 Ghs and 18,500 Ksh in Kenya.
Samsung Galaxy M21 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy M21:
- Platform: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Processor: Exynos 9611 (10nm), Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM
- Colours: Midnight Blue, Raven Black
- Dimension: 159 x 75.1 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 188 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.4 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 5 MP (depth) Triple Cameras, [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 20 MP
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0, A2DP, LE Bluetooth
- NFC: No
- Infradeeppink Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear-mounted),
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes