ASUS X543 is an entry level laptop solidly built to offer smooth functionality at an affordable price. This laptop boost up to an 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor coupled with an Integrated Intel UHD Graphics card and storage up to 1TB HDD with an optional 256GB SSD.
Where to Buy ASUS X543 Laptop
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana– See Offers
This entry-level laptop also comes with a a slimmer bezel compare to its predecessor including a comfortable chiclet keyboard and touchpad, with different peripheral port for fast connectivity, impressive sound system and long lasting battery capacity.
ASUS X543 Key Specifications
- 15.6-inch LED-backlit Full HD (1920 x 1080) optional (1366 x 768) 16:9 Anti-Glare Panel with 45% NTSC
- Windows 10 Pro
- Up to 8th Generation Intel Core i3 CPU Processor
- Integrated Intel UHD Graphics card
- UP to 12 GB RAM
- Optional 128GB/256GB SATA 3.0 SSD
- Up to 1TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
- VGA Webcam
- Built-in 2 W Stereo Speakers with Analog Microphone
- 3 -Cell 33 Wh Battery
Asus X543 sports an attractive, mid-range design with its brushed metal- like plastic finishing. The laptop sports a strong sturdily built with components fitting perfectly in and on its slightly thick chassis which weighs just 1.9kg.
This laptop lid features curvy edges with a perfectly inscribed ASUS trademark at the back. On the inside, the Asus X543 lid accommodates the 15.6-inch screen and a VGA web camera perfectly sitting at the top of the screen.
The base chassis however, host the full-size one-piece chiclet keyboard with backlit for the perfect typing experience. Similarly, below the keyboard sits a smooth and functional touch pad.
Furthermore, the ASUS X543 laptop comes with two hinge, screwed into the lid, and into the chassis of the laptop to help hold the lid upright when opened.
Above all, ASUS X543 is solidly built and ideal for any workforce thanks to its lightweight design. It has a touch of elegance thanks to a brushed silver or grey finish that turns heads and makes sure you stand out from the crowd.
ASUS X543 laptop packs a large 15.6-inch non-touch LED backlit HD display with a resolution of 1366 x 768, thus, resulting in simply yet stunning image quality.
The laptop also comes with a 60Hz refresh rate with an image aspect ratio of 16:9, hence resulting into a bigger view of picture.
Similarly, this laptop comes with the anti-glare panel which helps prevent sun and light glare on the screen. It also comes with 45% NTSC color-gamut, hence, offering vibrant colors, and brightness to make up for an excellent display for gamer, and other users.
This laptop also offers a higher display model which sports a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 thus, delivering sharper images with more details in immaculate natural colors.
In the area of performance, ASUS offers two laptop models which although have the same design, display features, audio and battery sports different internal chipset.
The ASUS X543MA which is the base model is built on a Intel® Pentium® Silver N5000 or Intel® Celeron® N4000/N4100 Processor and coupled with the Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600 or Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 605.
This model also comes with up to 8 GB SDRAM, 1TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD and 256GB SATA 3.0 SSD for everyday storage and multitasking.
However, the higher model variant ASUS X543UA comes with the 8th gen Intel® Core™ i3 8130U/7020U Processor, and backed up by the Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 card.
For storage capacity, this model comes with up to 12 GB SDRAM and 1TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD.
Above all, the two models of ASUS X543 runs on the Windows 10 Home and 10 Pro operating system.
For quality audio experience the ASUS X543 comes with a built-in 2 W Stereo Speakers and also equipped with the ASUS SonicMaster stereo audio system with surround-sound and smart amplifier for maximum audio performance.
In addition, this laptop comes with 3-cell Rechargeable lithium-polymer 33Wh battery which, can last 8 hours on in light usage, minimal brightness, and other factors.
Furthermore, inside the box is a 45W power adapter which offers up to 60% capacity in just 55 minutes.
This laptop also comes with an Analog Microphones with integrated voice assistant like Alexa and Cortana to make work easier.
ASUS X543 also comes with numerous port for connectivity and sharing options. This includes one Type-A USB 3.1 port, two USB 2.0 port, an HDMI port, AC adapter plug port, a micro SD card slot and COMBO audio jack port.
It also offer access to the Integrated Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 ac) and Bluetooth® 4.0 for fast and smooth connectivity.
Asus X543 Price and Availability
Asus X543 price starts at around $459 depending on the configuration. In Nigeria, price starts around 163,000 Naira. The business laptop is available on ASUS’s official store, website and other third-party e-commerce platforms like Amazon.
Asus X543 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Asus X543:
- OS: Window 10 Pro, Window 10 Home
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 8130U/7020U Processor (X543UA), Intel® Pentium® Silver N5000 Processor, Intel® Celeron® N4000/N4100 Processor (X543MA)
- GPU: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 (X543UA), Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600, Integrated Intel HD Graphics 605 (X543MA)
- Memory: up to 8 GB SDRAM (X543MA), up to 12 GB SDRAM (X543UA)
- Colours: Star Grey or Silver
- Dimension: 381 x 251 x 27.2 mm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 1.9 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 15.6-inch (16:9) LED-backlit HD (1366×768) 60Hz Anti-Glare Panel with 45% NTSC
15.6″ (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920×1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare Panel with 45% NTSC
- Keyboard: Chiclet keyboard with isolated numpad key
- Pointing Device: Touchpad
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB SATA 3.0 SSD, up to 1TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
- Optical Storage: Optional
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: VGA Webcam
- USB Ports: 1 x Type-A USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1), 2 x USB 2.0 port(s)
- HDMI: Yes 1 port
- Thunderbolt Ports: –
- DisplayPort: –
- VGA: –
- Ethernet (RJ-45): –
- SD Slot: Yes
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Integrated Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 ac)
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2
- NFC: –
- Docking Connector: –
- Mobile Broadband: –
- HDD user password protection
- Security lock
- fTPM (Firmware-based Trusted Platform Module)
- Built-in 2 W Stereo Speakers with Microphone
- ASUS SonicMaster Technology
- Multi-format card reader
- Battery: 3 -Cell 33 Wh Battery
- Use Time: Up to 8 hours