Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 was announced earlier this year with AMD Ryzen 4000 APUs. However, Xiaomi has now added models running on 10th generation Intel processors to the lineup to sell alongside the Ryzen edition. The variants were unveiled alongside the RedmiBook 14 II with quite a number of enthral features.
Where to Buy Xiaomi RedmiBook 16
This 16.1-inch laptop flaunt an ultra-slim design alongside other captivating features including 46Whr battery, 1080p resolution, up to 16GB of DDR4 3200MHz RAM and 512GB SSD. It also features the Wi-Fi 802.11ax with 2×2 MIMO (2.4GHz and 5GHz), and Bluetooth 5.1 for fast connectivity option.
Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 Key Features and Specs
- Up to 10th Gen Intel® Core i7 Processor, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U
- NVIDIA® GeForce® MX350 (Intel models), AMD Radeon Graphics (AMD models)
- Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro
- 16.1-inch LED Display (1920 x 1080)
- Up to 512 PCIe SSD
- Up to 16GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO.
- 2x 2W speakers, DTS audio
- 46Wh Lithium-Polymer Battery
- Up to 12 Hours Video Playback
The Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 has an ultra-light and thin body in a full metal body. With an overall weight of just 1.8kg and an ultrathin profile, this RedmiBook 16 can be easily slips into your backpack so it goes where you go.
The lid is smooth and slim with tiny Redmi inscription at the right hand side. When open the lid host the large 16.1-inch screen.
Similarly this portable laptop comes with narrow bezels of 3.26 mm, around the screen, giving it 90% screen to body ratio.
Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 base chassis also accommodate the full-sized keyboard which has 1.5 mm key travel and 0.3mm custom keycap, thus allowing for a professional feel and experience with each touch.
In addition, in between the palm rest is the smooth texture Precision touchpad sitting right below the ull size, backlit chiclet keyboard.
Furthermore, this laptop has a fingerprint reader integrated into the Power button and a 6mm heat pipe for maximum heat transfer and a 30% large fan for cooling.
Above all, the RedmiBook 16 supports Wi-Fi 802.11ax with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 port, 1x USB 2.0, 2 x USB-C, and 1 x HDMI 1.4 fast wireless connection and interface.
Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 offers a 16.1-inch FHD display with a 16:10 aspect ratio. The screen is built on an IPS panel which comes with 178° wide-view technology to ensure that colors and contrast remain vivid and bold, even when viewed at sharp angles.
Furthermore, the RedmiBook 16 screen offers a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels with 100% sRGB color in brilliant detail and brightness level up to 300nits. Therefore, the screen delivers sharper images with more details in immaculate natural colors.
Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 is powered by the 10th Gen Intel processor with either Core i7-1065G7 or Core i5-1035G1 chipset.
These chips are based on Intel’s 10 nm Ice Lake architecture and have four cores and 8 threads, but the i7 runs at higher clock speeds of 1.3-3.9 GHz while the i5 clocks at 1.0-3.6 GHz.
Both variant also comes with the NVIDIA GeForce MX350 GPU with 2 GB of GDDR5 RAM, although, the core i7 variant also offers double GPU computing unit.
You also have an option of AMD Ryzen edition offering AMD Ryzen 5 4500U and AMD Ryzen 7 4700U. These are paired with AMD Radeon Graphics.
Above all, they both offers up 16GB of RAM and up to 512GB SSD and run on Windows 10 operating system out-of-the-box.
Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 is equipped with a built in (2) two channel 2W speakers with DTS Surround sound to provides richer tone, and customized treble and bass audio experience.
In addition, this laptop comes with a rechargeable lithium-polymer 46Wh battery which, can last 12 hours on in light usage, minimal brightness, and other factors.
Furthermore, inside the box is a 65W power adapter which offers up to 50% capacity in just 30 minutes. According to Xiaomi, the laptop will deliver up to 12 hours of local video playback, up to 9 hours of online video playback, as well as up to 8.5 hours of web browsing.
Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 Price and Availability
The Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 price starts at $670 for the AMD models and $710 for the Intel models. However, the price increases based on the configuration of your preferred model.
It is available for purchase on Xiaomi official store and other third-party e-commerce platforms like Amazon.
Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi RedmiBook 16
- OS: Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 / i7-1065G7 Processor, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX350 GPU with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM (Intel models), AMD Radeon Graphics (AMD models)
- Memory: Up to 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
- Colours: –
- Dimension: 367.20 × 232.86 × 17.55 mm
- Weight: 1.8 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 16.1-inch Full HD (1920×1080) IPS-level panel, 300 nit, 100% sRGB
- Keyboard: Full-sized keyboard, 1.5 mm key travel
- Pointing Device: Yes, Touchpad
- Built-in Storage: 512GB SSD
- Optical Storage: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: –
- USB Ports: 1 x USB-A ports (USB 3.1), 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB Type C.
- HDMI: Yes, 1 HDMI 1.4b port
- Thunderbolt Ports: Yes, Thunderbolt (via USB Type C)
- DisplayPort: Yes, DisplayPort
- VGA: –
- Ethernet (RJ-45): –
- SD Slot: –
- Mic/Headphone: Yes, Array Microphone, 1 x 3.5mm jack (one jack for mic-in and one for mic-in and headphone-out)
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) + 2 x 2 MIMO.
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1
- NFC: –
- Docking Connector: –
- Mobile Broadband: –
- 2 x 2W Speakers with DTS audio
- Realtek ALC256
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3.5mm Earphone / Mic
- IPS-level wide-view technology
- 3.26-thin bezel with 90 screen-to-body ratio
- Battery: Up to 46Wh Battery, 65W Power Adapter.
- Use Time: Up to 12 hours (video playback), Up to 9 hours (video streaming), up to 9 hours (web browsing)