The Oppo A53 is a follow up of the Oppo A52. It packs in a less premium smartphone hardware despite having a higher model number. This boils down to it being a cheaper alternative. However, enthusiasts who plan on getting the Oppo A52 should bear in mind that major cut downs are in the processor and the camera department. More on that later in the article.
Oppo A53 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5-inch, IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels (270 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- 13MP + 2MP + 2MP Triple Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear-Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 18W Fast Charging (Wired)
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Design on the Oppo A53 isn’t far fetched from what we got on the earlier released Oppo A52. Both smartphones share similar design elements.
Both smartphones have similar chassis design, but differentiating them won’t be much of a chore if you pay attention to the setup on the rear. Here you will find a capacitive fingerprint sensor, unlike the Oppo A52 which has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Still, on the rear, you will also find a square camera module housing triple cameras and an LED flash. There is also an Oppo branding below, which indicates its an Oppo Smartphone.
The Oppo A53 offers a trio of colour options. Enthusiasts have the option of choosing either Fairy White, Electric Black, or Fancy Blue.
The cameras dropped from being five on the Oppo A52, to being four on the Oppo A53. This is majorly facilitated by the absence of an ultrawide camera on the rear setup.
The triple rear camera system on the Oppo A53 comprises of a 13MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP Macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.3. This camera setup is capable of shooting videos capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
For selfies, we have got the same 16MP camera we saw on the Oppo A52. This camera has an aperture of f/2.0. It’s also capable of shooting 1080p videos capped at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
In comparison, the Oppo A53 is a lesser mid-range smartphone compared to the Oppo A52. This is facilitated by its Octa-core Snapdragon 460 processor, as opposed to the Snapdragon 665 on the A52.
Keeping aside the processor, we have pretty much got the same specs sheet. However, we cannot overlook the processor, as its the main driving force behind the performance on this Android smartphone.
The other features facilitating performance include an Adreno 610 GPU, option for either 4GB or 6GB of RAM, option for either 64GB or 128GB of RAM, and also a non-removable 5000mAh battery.
On the software side, we have got the ColorOS 7.2 user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Oppo A53 features a 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB Type C port. There is also dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0.
Please note that the Oppo A11 doesn’t support 5G network connectivity, However, enthusiasts can toggle between 4G, 3G, and 2G connection.
Oppo A53 Price and Availability
The price of the Oppo A53 starts at $199 for the base 4GB / 64GB variant. This price translates to 77,105 Naira in Nigeria, 1,152 GHC in Ghana, and 21,519 in KHS in Kenya.
The Price of the maxed out 6GB / 128GB variant starts around $226, which translates to 87,566 in Naira, 1,308 GHC in Ghana, and 24,439 KHS in Kenya.
The Oppo A53 was announced on August 20th, 2020, and is currently available for purchase.
Oppo A53 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo A53:
- Platform: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 240 & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB
- Colours: Fairy White, Electric Black, Fancy Blue
- Dimension: 163.9 x 75.1 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Wide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Capacity