The iPad 10.2 2020 paves the way as a successor to iPad 10.2 2019 which debuted last year. It comes in a very familiar package bearing a very similar chassis design housing very similar hardware from last year. The processor is pretty much the only substantial upgrade here. As such the iPad 10.2 2020 can be described as best suiting for enthusiasts who didn’t own last year’s model.
Where to Buy iPad 10.2 (2020)
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
iPad 10.2 (2020) Key Specs & Features
- 10.2-inch Retina IPS LCD Display, 1620 x 2160 Pixels (324 PPI)
- iPadOS 14
- 3GB RAM
- Apple A12 Bionic (7 nm)
- 32GB / 128GB Built-in Storage
- 8MP Rear Camera
- 1.2MP Front Camera
- Touch ID
- Wi-Fi + 4G LTE or Wi-Fi Only
Design and Display
If you have been itching to see a re-design in this apple’s line of tablets, then you should probably look else where as your wish is yet to be met. Here we have got the same chassis design we got last year.
Design wise, the iPad 10.2 2020 is an exact replica of the iPad 10.2 2019. The build, placements and even the colors are all the same. Apple barely lifeted a finger.
The fact that the design was reserved, means that we still have the fast fading apple touch ID at our disposal. We also do have to make do with one of the most chunkiest bezels on an Apple product.
They also did lift a finger on the display size and tech. We have the same display as last year. Its a 10.2-inch Retina IPS LCD display, with a screen resolution of 1620 x 2160 and a 324 PPI.
Having the same screen screen size as last year’s model is totally understandable, owing to the fact that apple’s is trying to keep a particular standard for size options offered by iPad, however having better display tech with the inclusion of a more fluid frame rate would have been accepted.
The cameras also are a replica of what we got on last year’s model. Its the same single camera setup on the front and back, with the same features.
The rear camera department on the iPad 10.2 2020 bears the same 8MP camera from last year. This camera bears an aperture of f/2.4. It is capable of shooting 1080p videos with frame rates up to 30fps and also 720p videos with frame rates up to 120fps.
The selfie camera, is also the same 1.2MP camera from last year. Most like the rear camera, it bears the same parameters from last year. This means it has an aperture of f/2.2 and is capable of video record capped at 720p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance hardware side, Apple made just one upgrade and that upgrade lies in the processor. The iPad 10.2 makes a jump from the 16nm A10 fusion chip on last year’s model, to a 7nm A12 bionic chip.
Other the processor all other specs remain pretty much the some from last year. We have got the same 3GB of RAM, the same 32GB / 128GB of storage options.
On the software side, the iPad 10.2 rocks the iPad OS 14, which sought of gives the iPad potentials of being used as a tablet PC, similar to what we also have on the iPad pro 11 2020.
The iPad 10.2 retains a the fast becoming archaic lighting port, in lieu to the type-c port on the likes of the iPad 12.9 2020. It is also one of the few apple device to still have a 3.5mm headphone jack in 2020.
Much like every other Apple Tablet, the iPad 10.2, comes WiFi only variant, or the WiFi + cellular network variat.
iPad Pro 10.2 (2020) Price and Availability
The price of the iPad 10.2 starts at $329 for the 32GB Wifi only variant. This price translates to 126,007 Naira in Nigeria, 35,647 KHS in Kenya and 1,894 GHC in Ghana.
The iPad 10.2 2020 was announced on September 15th 2020 and is currently available for purchase.
iPad 10.2 (2020) Specs
Here are a few specs of the iPad 10.2 (2020):
- Platform: iPadOS 14
- Processor: Apple A12 Bionic (7 nm)
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- Memory: 3GB
- Colours: Silver, Gold, Space Gray
- Dimension: 250.6 x 174.1 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 490 g (Wi-Fi) / 495 g (LTE) (1.08 lb)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, eSIM
- SIM Count: –
- Display: 10.2 – inch Retina IPS LCD Touch Screen 1620 x 2160 Pixels, 500 Nits Typ, 4:3 ratio (264 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Scratch-resistant Glass, Oleophobic Coating
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 8MP f/2.4, 31mm (standard), 1.12µm, AF
- Rear Camera Features: HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected], HDR
- Front Camera: 1.2MP Camera, f/2.2, 31mm (Standard), HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G WCDMA: –
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71 – A2428 – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66 – A2429
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: –
- EDGE: –
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, EDR, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Lightning Port
- SMS/MMS: –
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS (Wi‑Fi + Cellular model only)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: –
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: Yes (1st Gen only)
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Siri
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable
- Talktime: Up to 10 hours
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 20W Capacity