Amazon launched its 3rd-generation Blink Indoor and Blink Outdoor cameras featuring the same HD resolution and infrared night vision as last year’s models. Furthermore, the Blink Indoor camera offers a 2-year battery life. It is integrated with Alexa, so, you can view the feed on Alexa-enabled screens and use the camera’s motion sensors as triggers in Alexa Routines. There’s IFTTT support.
Where to Buy Blink Indoor Camera (2020)
Blink Indoor (2020) Key Specs
- 1080p HD video
- Live View
- Night Vision
- 110-degree field of view
- Two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Motion detection
- Two AA lithium batteries
- Works with Alexa
- Blink’s cloud storage plan
Blink indoor camera (2020) sports a similar design to last year’s model. It is still small, svelte, with a classic rounded square design and flat edges, thus making it easily mountable.
It comes in white with a black front, and measures a dimension of 71 x 71 x 31 mm, and comes with a new mounting bracket in the box to enable mount it on your doorstep with ease. This Plastic made indoor camera is portable making it perfect for mounting in the smallest space on your doorstep.
This new 3rd-generation Blink indoor camera (2020) features the same HD resolution and infrared night vision as last year’s models. The HD 1080p resolution enables the camera to capture detailed images and videos, while the night vision technology allows the camera to see clearly even in low-light conditions.
Unlike the Ring Video camera which has a 160-degree field of view, Blink camera features a 110° diagonal field of view. In addition, this indoor camera has motion sensors to detect movement in an area. Its wide-angle will let you capture a large area. You can also activate privacy zones so you only see the movement you care about.
Blink indoor camera (2020) also has a Live View feature that allows you to see what’s happening. The camera has a recording light, which is lit blue for normal recording and red for night mode, although it can also be turned off.
Blink indoor camera (2020) supports Alexa’s voice commands which allows you to stream live video, play recorded clips, arm and disarm your camera, be alerted to motion, and more. It also comes with IFTTT support that allows the camera to interact with third-party smart home devices.
Furthermore, the Blink indoor camera (2020) comes with a major change in the storage department. There is an improved storage option, so you can now save recorded video to a local backup through the use of a USB drive or to the cloud if you’re willing to pay for a subscription service. The new Blink Subscription Plan requires $3 monthly to keep the cloud storage going; an unlimited-cameras plan is slightly more expensive at $10 per month.
This camera has support for app control, hence, it has a Blink app to record, view, and save events. All you need to do is download the Blink app, login or create an account hit the plus sign on the top-right corner of the home screen, and follow the instructions to add your new device.
The indoor camera also uses two-way audio to hear and speak from anywhere.
Above all, the Blink indoor camera (2020) comes with Blink’s proprietary chip technology, which allows it runs on two AA lithium batteries to offer up to two years of usage so you can monitor your home with ease.
Blink indoor camera (2020) Price and Availability
The Blink indoor camera (2020) price starts at $79.99. You can buy this indoor camera at reputable online stores, leading retail chains.
Blink Indoor Camera (2020) Specs
Here are a few specs of the Blink indoor camera (2020):
- Dimensions: 71 x 71 x 31 mm
- Weight: 48 grams
- Camera frame rate: Up to 30 fps
- LEDs: 1 blue LED (active), 1 red LED when recording in night vision.
- Video: 1080p HD Video, Live View, Night Vision
- Field of view: 110° diagonal
- Motion detection: Advanced Motion Detection with adjustable motion zones.
- Audio: Speaker output and 2-way audio recording.
- Power: Camera battery: 2 AA 1.5V lithium metal (non-rechargeable) batteries Sync Module 2 power: 100-220V AC to 5V DC converter included.
- CPU: AC1002B, 4 cores / 200 MHz
- Connectivity: 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n.
- Smartphone requirements: iOS 10.3, Android 5.0, or Fire OS 5.1
- Blink app: Blink Home Monitor
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- In the Box: Blink Indoor camera (dependent on the quantity selected), Sync Module 2, 2 1.5V non-rechargeable AA lithium metal batteries (per camera), mounting kit (per camera), USB cable, and power adapter.
Smart Home Topic
- Amazon Fire HD 8 (2020)
- Echo Show 10
- Best Wireless Outdoor Security Cameras
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Amazon Echo Dot
- Instant Pot Max
- Amazon Fire TV Recast
- AmazonBasics Microwave