The emergence of the Oppo A55 5G amongst other lower budget 5G smartphones, indicates that enthusiasts no longer have to scrape their wallets to access the technology that goes along with 5G connectivity. The Oppo A55 5G offers a mid-range package with a price tag that can be considered as one of the cheaper alternatives to the highly-priced 5G smartphones.
Where to Buy Oppo A55 5G
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers
Oppo A55 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (269 PPI)
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G Processor
- 13MP + 2MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, SD-Card Support Up to 1TB
- Fingerprint (Side-Mounted)
- 5G Network
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Looking at smartphone designs these days sort of gives me an impression most OEMs are feeding from the same tray, this is mostly true for cheap Android smartphones. Nowadays, we have smartphones bearing features that have probably been seen on earlier released smartphones.
The Oppo A55 5G isn’t an exception from the design trend discussed in the above paragraph. What we have here is a very familiar design, that doesn’t really make headlines. However, copying design isn’t overall bad, as far as it’s appreciable.
On the rear of this Android phone, we have a square camera hold three cameras in a vertical array. Inside the camera module is an LED flash and some texts.
Moving up front, we find a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display with a drop notch bear a front-facing camera. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1600, 60Hz Refresh rate, and a 120Hz touch sampling rate.
The Cameras on the Oppo A55 5G aren’t the best from the mid-range category, but they are capable of taking your memorable moments. What’s more, you can also see the cameras as one of the places Oppo cut down cost.
On the rear, we have a quad-camera system which comprises a 13MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.2, and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
Upfront, we have got a single 8MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera is also capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps. Please consult the specs sheet to learn about the other video record modes.
Hardware and Software
Performance on the Oppo A55 5G is headed by an Octa-core MediaTek Deminsity 700 5G processor, which falls in the mid-range category.
The other performance facilitators include a Mali-G57 MC2 GPU, 6GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 5000mAh battery.
On the software side, we have got the ColorOS 11.1 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Blackview Oppo A55 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G This means streaming, downloads and uploads can be carried out using 5G speeds.
Oppo A55 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Oppo A55 5G is around $243, which translates to about 92,631 Naira in Nigeria, 26,767 KSH in Kenya, and 1,415 GHC in Ghana.
The Oppo A55 5G was announced on January 25th, 2021, and also released for purchase on the 25th of January 2021.
Oppo A55 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo A55 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Processor: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7nm) (Octa-core 4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue
- Dimension: 163.9 x 75.7 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inches 720 x 1600 Pixels, 269 PPI Density, ~82.2% Screen-to-body ratio, 120hz Touch Sampling, 60Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Primary) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, 1080p @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Up to 1TB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 800
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1/B3/B5/B8/B34/B38/B39/B40/B41/
- 5G: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Low-energy Bluetooth 5.1
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: Google Map
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Side-Mounted
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –