The Samsung Galaxy M62 smartphone takes the baton from the Samsung Galaxy M51. Leaving consumers very little to be excited about, as it reminisces on a lot of the features of the Galaxy M51. However, users are served with a different processor, a different design, which isn’t totally new, as it is reminiscent of the Samsung Galaxy F62.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy M62
Samsung Galaxy M62 Key Specs & Features
- 6.7 inches Super AMOLED Plus Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (~393 PPI)
- Android 11, One UI 3.0
- Octa-core Exynos 9825 (7 nm) Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB Inbuilt Storage, with Support for Micro-SD up to 1TB
- 64MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 7000 mAh Non-Removable Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the Samsung Galaxy M62 chassis is reminiscent of the Galaxy F62 design. Both smartphones look very much alike from the outward appearance.
The rear covering bears a two-tone gradient design that consists of dark and lighter shades of the specific colour. Speaking of colours, this device comes in three colour variants and they include Laser Green, Laser Gray, and Laser Blue.
Moving on to the placements on the rear, we find a square camera module bearing four cameras. Beneath the module is an LED flash. There is also an OEM branding on the rear that pretty much makes it easy to tell it’s a Samsung smartphone.
The Galaxy M62 chassis build-up comprises plastic on the rear, plastic on the frame, and glass upfront.
Moving up front, you will find a 6.7 inch Super AMOLED Plus display, with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels, a density of ~393 PPI and a ~86.7% screen-to-body ratio.
The rear cameras on the Samsung Galaxy M62 are basically a reminiscence of its predecessor. Its a quad camera setup that comprises of a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 12MP ultrawide camera with a 123˚ field of view and an aperture of f/2.2.
The other members of the rear camera setup includes a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 5Mp depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This setup is capable of recording videos up to 4k @ 30fps. Please refer to the specs sheet for the other video recording modes.
Upfront on the front camera department the reminiscence continues as we have the same 32MP camera seen on the Galaxy M51. This camera has an aperture of f/2.2 and its capable of shooting videos up to 4k @ 30fps.
Harware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy M62 shares a lot in common with its predecessor when it comes to performance hardware, however, the main difference here is in the processor. Here we have an Exynos 9825 processor as opposed to the Snapdragon 730G processor on the Galaxy M51.
The other performance facilitators include a Mali-G76 MP12 GPU, 8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, and a non-removable 7000mAh Li-Po battery. Enthusiats will also have the luxury of 25W fast charging.
On the software side, we have got the One UI 3.1 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy M62 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, NFC, WiFi, and Bluetooth 5.0.
Being a 5G phone, internet connectivity on the Samsung Galaxy M62 is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, streaming, and uploads.
Samsung Galaxy M62 Price and Availability
The Price of the Samsung Galaxy M62 is expected around $455, which translates to about 173,355 Naira in Nigeria, 49,868 KSH in Kenya, and 2,611 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy M62 was announced on February 24 2021 and released on March 3 2021.
Samsung Galaxy M62 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy M62:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Processor: Exynos 9825 (7 nm) (Octa-core 2×2.73 GHz Exynos M4 & 2×2.40 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Laser Green, Laser Gray, Laser Blue
- Dimension: 163.9 x 76.3 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 218 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7-inches Super AMOLED Plus, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (~393 PPI), ~86.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 12MP (Ultrawide) 123˚ FOV, f/2.2 + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 5MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, Panorama, HDR, PDAF,
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.2, HDR, [email protected], [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (up to 1TB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: –
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: –
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
- Video Player: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 7000mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: Up to 50 Hours
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Capacity