The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite falls in place as a cheaper alternative for enthusiasts whose budget falls below what is required to acquire the other offerings in the Mi 11 series. In pursuit of a cheaper price option, consumers will have to settle for a mid-range processor, as opposed to the high-end processors on the more premium members of the series, this goes alongside some other shortcomings.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite Key Specs & Features
- 6.55-inch, Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (402 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10
- Android 11; MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Processor
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 30W Fast Charging
- 4780mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite design is of the same DNA as that of the standard Xiaomi Mi 11. The difference here is just the colour options.
The options available here include Boba black, peach pink, and bubblegum blue, while on its vanilla we have Black, White, Blue, Purple, Khaki.
As previously seen, the rear of this device holds a camera module with round edges. This camera module is home to three cameras and an LED flash. Also on the rear is the Xiaomi branding, which pretty much indicates it’s a Xiaomi smartphone.
There is no word on water and dust resistance as you might probably expect from a smartphone in this category. To this end, you are to keep the phone from water as far as possible.
The cameras also took a hit in the quest to have a cheaper price tag. However, the package remains very capable.
On the rear, we have a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 119˚ field of view. This camera is capable of recording videos up to 4k @ 30fps.
Moving up front, we have a single 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.5. Video record on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
As mentioned in the intro paragraph, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite falls in the mid-range category. In lieu of the high-end position held by the top players in the MI 11 series.
The performance facilitators onboard include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor with an 8nm process, an Adreno 618 GPU, 6GB / 8GB RAM options, 64GB / 128GB built-in storage, and a non-removable 4250mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, we have the MIUI 12 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite features Bluetooth 5.1, dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, infrared port, and a USB Type-C port. Please note that the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite doesn’t feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. Private audio listening is done via type-c headphones or via wireless headphones.
Internet connectivity on the smartphone is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t get access to 5G technology on this device.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite Price and Availability
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite price in Nigeria starts at around 164,000 Naira at leading retailers. The smartphone costs $369 at leading international stores like Amazon. Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite price starts at 5,299 EGP in Egypt.
The launch date was the 29th of March 2021, while the sale is expected to begin later in April 2021.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7150 Snapdragon 732G (8 nm) (Octa-corerf2x2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB
- Colours: Boba Black, Peach Pink, Bubblegum Blue
- Dimension: 160.5 x 75.7 x 6.8 mm
- Weight: 157 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.55 inches AMOLED Touch Screen, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 402 PPI, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~85.3% screen-to-body ratio, HDR10, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 119˚ FOV + 5MP (Macro)
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama,PDAF, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.5, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-GO
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4250mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging Capacity