The Samsung Galaxy F12 comes in as yet another mid-range smartphone in Samsung’s F series. The highlights of this mobile phone include an Exynos 850 processor and a 6000mAh and lots more. What’s more, we have a very familiar design that brings to mind the likes of the Samsung Galaxy M12.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy F12
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Samsung Galaxy F12 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5-inch, PLS IPS Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels (~270 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- 4GB RAM
- Octa-core Exynos 850 (8nm)
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, Supports SD-Card
- 48MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Non-Removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
As hinted in the introductory paragraph, the Samsung Galaxy F12’s design is basically a reminiscence of a previous Samsung smartphone. Having a look at Samsung’s recent releases hints Samsung has sort of begun adopting a strategy of repeating designs on its low-budget devices.
The reminisced design was earlier seen on the likes of the Samsung Galaxy A12 and the Galaxy M12. Once again it isn’t totally a bad thing to repeat smartphone designs, however, there is no denying the fact that a fresh design is highly appreciated.
Taking scrutiny of this design, we find a line patterned rear cover style, on which you will find a square camera module bearing four cameras. Below the camera module is an LED flash. You will also find the Samsung branding, which indicates it as an OEM.
The front panel bears a 6.5-inch display on which you will find a drop notch. The highlights of this display include a resolution of 720 x 1600 Pixels, a density of 270 PPI, and a 90Hz Refresh Rate.
On the side of build properties, we have plastic on the rear, glass up front, and plastic on the frame. A setup that is pretty much popular amongst low-budget smartphones.
Moving on to the camera department, we have a set of four cameras on the rear and a single camera setup upfront. The cameras in both setups are sort of what you would be expecting from a smartphone in this category.
On the rear, we have a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4, a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 5MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This setup is capable of recording videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Selfies are manned by a single 8MP on the teardrop notch on the display. This camera has an aperture of f/2.2 and can record videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Performance-wise, we have the Exynos 850 processor with an 8nm process. This is an indicator that we are dealing with a mid-range smartphone hardware.
The other performance facilitators include a Mali-G52 GPU, 4GB RAM, an option for either 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 6000mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, we have the One UI 3.1 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy F12 features low-energy Bluetooth 5.2, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-C 2.0.
Internet connectivity on this device is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t get access to 5G connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy F12 Price and Availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy F12 starts at around $148 for the 4GB / 64GB variant, which translates to about 56,314 Naira in Nigeria, 856 GHC in Ghana, and 15,920 KSH in Kenya.
Enthusiasts who desire the top-of-the-line 4GB / 128GB variant, will have to pay $160.
The Galaxy F12 announcement was on the 5th of April 2021 and sales began on the 12th of April 2021.
Samsung Galaxy F12 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy F12:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Processor: Exynos 850 (8nm) (Octa-core 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Sea Green, Sky Blue, Celestial Black
- Dimension: 164 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm
- Weight: 221 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inches PLS IPS Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, ~270 PPI Density, ~81.9% screen-to-body ratio, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/2.0 + 5MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 123˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, PDAF, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.2, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –