The Infinix Zero X Neo falls in as the most affordable smartphone in the Zero X series. Comparing it to its more premium siblings, shows it features a lower refresh rate display, a smaller primary camera and more. Do well to read through the article to ascertain if its the best purchase decision for you.
Where to Buy Infinix Zero X Neo
Infinix Zero X Neo Key Specs & Features
- 6.78-inch IPS LCD, 1080 x 2460 Pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate, (~396 PPI)
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G95 (12 nm)
- 8GB RAMa
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- Android 11, XOS 7.6
- 48MP + 8MP + 8MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16MP Dual Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (side-mounted)
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Infinix Zero Neo seems to have stepped out of a line, living it a with a design that is different from what is seen on its more premium siblings.
What is seen as a difference here, is the absence of the flat sides as seen on its more premium siblings, which in my opinion reduces the prestige in its design, especially when compared to its siblings.
The other design features are to a large extent the same. On the rear, we have an elongated square camera module with four cameras and an LED flash. You will also find the Infinix branding, which also indicating its an Infinix smartphone.
Enthusiasts will also get the talked about Nebula Black colour option that mimics the stars with its gradient black and white dots. The other colour options available includes Starry Silver and Bahamas Blue.
Moving upfront, you will find a 6.78 inch display which is slightly bigger than the 6.67-inch display on it’s more premium siblings. However, this display is based on an IPS LCD panel, as opposed to the more premium AMOLED panel on its more premium siblings.
What’s more, we have 90Hz refresh rate on it’s display as opposed to 120Hz on its more premium siblings.
The Infinix Zero X Neo cameras fall below as far as the cameras in the Zero X series go. This fact holds on the rear.
Here we have a 48MP camera in lieu of the 64MP primary camera on the regular Zero X. What’s more, we have 8MP periscope telephoto camera with an aperture of f/3.4 and a 5x optical zoom.
Lastly we have a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This data shows an Ultrawide camera is absent here, as opposed to being present on its more premium siblings. Video record here is capped at [email protected] 30fps.
The selfie department is manned by a single 16MP shooter capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
There are reminisces on the performance side. However we have 5000mAh battery which is bigger than the 4500mAh battery on its siblings. we also have an 18W fast charging mechanism here, as opposed to the 45W fast charging mechanism on its siblings.
Moving on, we have the same MediaTek Helio G95 processor, 8GB RAM, Mali-G76MC4 GPU and a 128GB built-in storage.
On the software side, we have the XOS 7.6 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Infinix Zero X features a USB Type-c port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth, and WiFi / Hotspot.
The Internet connection here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t get the luxury of 5G speeds.
Infinix Zero X Neo Price and Availability
The price of the Infinix Zero X Neo was not known as at the time this article was written, however, it is expected around 84,000 Naira, which translates to about $205 in the United states, 22,644 KSH in Kenya, and 1,241 GHC in Ghana.
The launch date of the Infinix Zero X Neo was on the 13 of September 2021 and is expected to be released in October 2021.
Infinix Zero X Neo Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Zero X Neo:
- Platform: Android 11, XOS 7.6
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm) (Octa-core 2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Nebula Black, Starry Silver, Bahamas Blue
- Dimension: 168.4 x 76.5 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 193 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.78-inch IPS LCD, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~86.5% screen-to-body ratio, 90Hz Refresh Rate, ~396 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8, PDAF + 8MP (Periscope telephoto), f/3.4 PDAF, 5x optical zoom, OIS + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, Dual-LED Flash, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Up to 512GB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity