The Google Pixel 6 Pro is the advanced version of the Pixel 6 and also the successor of the Pixel 5. The device arrives with a powerful chipset and also some significant upgrades in all areas.
It has a better cameras setup and is also the first device to come with Google’s chipset and then an IP68 rating.
Google Pixel 6 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.71 inches LTPO AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~512 ppi)
- Android 12
- Octa-core Google Tensor (5 nm)
- 12GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- 50 MP + 48 MP + 12 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 11.1 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (under display, optical)
- IP68 Dust & Water Resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- (under display, optical)
- Fast Wireless Charging 23W
- Reverse Wireless Charging
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Non-Removable Li-Po 5003 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Google Pixel 6 Pro is a flagship smartphone that is built with a glass and an aluminum frame. The handset is blessed with an IP68 rating which is water and dust resistant. The body measures 163.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm in dimensions and weighs 210 grams.
It comes with a screen display size of 6.71 inches that has a QHD+ LTPO display and a 120Hz refresh rate. It features a resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels, a 19.5:9 ratio, and 512 ppi density. The maker swaps Gorrila Glass Victus on its screen for protection.
As for the camera, the Pixel 6 Pro packs a 50MP main camera with a 12MP f/2.2 ultrawide angle camera that has a 114° field of view. The 50 MP main sensor comes with an 82° field of view, an f/1.85 aperture, and a 1/1.31” sensor size.
The company says the handset can capture 2.5x more light than the Pixel 5. There is also a third sensor of a 48MP telephoto lens that brings 4x optical zoom. The selfies snapper is an 11.1MP sensor.
Google Pixels always comes with the best cameras set up and thanks to this Pixel software that takes its camera prowess to a new dimension. There are some features like Face Unblur which combines photos from two different cameras to remove blur.
You also get a Magic Eraser that will remove unwanted objects and persons from your photo. The Motion Mode is what detects if there is a fast-moving object in a photo like a vehicle or wheels and then applies a motion blur to the object while keeping the subject in focus and sharp.
Interestingly is the “Real Tone” which is an image algorithm that authentically replicates the skin tone of the subject when shooting.
Hardware and Software
The Google Pixel 6 Pro comes with a Tensor processor that has 2 high-performance cores, 2 mid-cores, and 4 high-efficiency cores. This SOC is paired with 20 Cores graphic cards. The CPU here is said to be 80% faster than the Snapdragon 765G processor on the Pixel 5 and the GPU is 370% faster than the latter.
The handset has an inbuilt memory of 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB storage paired with 12GB RAM.
Battery and Network
The Pixel 6 Pro has a 5003 battery on the inside and it supports 30W fast wired charging, fast wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging. Sadly it will not be shipped with the charger.
However, you can charge it with a USB-PD compatible charger and wirelessly with a Qi-certified EPP charger. The phone has an in-display fingerprint scanner and a Titan M2 security chip.
It also carries support for a 5G network with dual SIM, one Nano-SIM, and one eSim. Booting the device is Android 12 OS and it will receive 5 years of security updates.
Google Pixel 6 Pro Price and Availability
The Google Pixel 6 Pro price starts at around $899 for the 128GB version and will be available in Cloudy White, Sorta Sunny, and Stormy Black colors.
In Nigeria, the Pixel 6 Pro is expected to sell for 370,000 Naira, about 5,500 Ghs in Ghana, and 100,000 Ksh in Kenya.
Google Pixel 6 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Google Pixel 6 Pro:
- Platform: Android 12
- Processor: Google Tensor (5 nm), Octa-core (2×2.80 GHz Cortex-X1 & 2×2.25 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G78 MP20
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Colours: Cloudy White, Sorta Sunny, Stormy Black
- Dimension: 163.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 210 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM and/or eSIM
- SIM Count: Nano-SIM and/or eSIM
- Display: 6.71 inches LTPO AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~512 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2µm, omnidirectional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS + 48 MP, f/3.5, 104mm (telephoto), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS, 4x optical zoom + 12 MP, f/2.2, 114˚ (ultrawide), 1.25µm Triple Cameras, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps; gyro-EIS, OIS
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, Pixel Shift, Auto-HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 11.1 MP Camera, f/2.2, 20mm (ultrawide), 1.22µm, Auto-HDR, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 / 1700 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 66, 71 – GLUOG, G8VOU
- 5G: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 14, 20, 25, 28, 30, 38, 40, 41, 48, 66, 71, 77, 78, 257, 258, 260, 261 SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave – G8VOU
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 3.1
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: No
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 5003 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast charging 30W, 50% in 30 min (advertised)