Tecno Pova 3 begins the 2022 iteration of the Tecno Pova Series known for good battery stamina. It is the direct successor of the Tecno Pova 2. This Tecno Phone seems to offer largely the same specs as its predecessor, but with some improvements in hardware and software. Tecno Pova 3 offers the same 7000 mAh battery, but now with a higher charging capacity for faster battery charging.
Where to Buy Tecno Pova 3
Tecno Pova 3 Key Specs and Features
- 6.9-inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2460 pixels (~389 ppi density), 90 Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, HIOS
- MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + X MP + X MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 25W Fast Charging
- 7000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Tecno Pova 3 is built on a plastic back and plastic frames with the front covered in glass. The three rear cameras are vertically aligned with each camera on its own individual bump. Looking closely, this phone has a look slightly reminiscent of its predecessor. You can buy the smartphone in three colors: Electric Blue, Tech Silver and Eco Black.
In the front, you get an O-cutout for the front camera. The display measures 6.9-inch diagonal and offers a good viewing experience. The display offers 1080 x 2460 pixels resolution with 90Hz refresh rate.
This seems like a good quality display for watching movies, browsing the web, and for playing games.
On the rear, the Tecno Pova 3 has a 50 MP triple camera. You get a 50MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9 and phase detection autofocus (PDAF) and two other cameras whose specs where not specified. The camera supports 1440p @ 30fps video recording.
Upfront, we have a single 8 megapixels camera capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps. The rear camera offers quad-LED flash while the front camera has dual-LED flash.
Hardware and Software
Tecno Pova 3 is powered by a Octa-core MediaTek Helio G88 chipset. Performance-wise, this is not much of an upgrade compared to the G85 provided for the Pova2. The chipset comes in a dual cluster architecture with a dual-core Cortex A75 clocked at 2.0GHz and a hexa-core Cortex A55 clocked at 1.8GHz. Graphics is handled by a Mali-G52 MC2 GPU.
This Tecno Phone features 4GB RAM with 64GB built-in storage or 6GB RAM with 128GB built-in storage. You also get a dedicated slot for expanding the storage capacity.
The Pova 3 features the Memory Fusion feature we saw in the Tecno Spark 8C. The 4GB model can add up to 3GB additional RAM capacity while the 6GB model can add an additional 5GB RAM capacity.
On the software side, we have the HiOS user interface on top of the Android 11 or Android 12 operating system.
Of coarse, being a member of the POVA family, battery is definitely going to be the highlight. The Tecno Pova 3 sports the same 7000 mAh battery as the Pova2. However, this time you get faster charging with upgrade from 18W to 25W fast charging capacity. However, the phone comes with a 33W charger in the box.
You also get a reverse charging feature with 10W capacity that makes this android phone a decent power bank for juicing up your other devices like smartwatch or wireless earbuds.
The Tecno Pova 3 features low energy Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port (USB 2.0) with OTG support.
Tecno Pova 3 Price and Availability
Tecno Pova 3 price in Nigeria starts at around 110,000 Naira. The Pova 2 costs 983 GHC in Ghana, and 18,343 KHS in Kenya.
The smartphone was announced on May, 2022, and is expected to be available for purchase on May and June 22, starting with the Philippines.
Tecno Pova 3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Tecno Pova 3:
- Platform: Android 11, HIOS
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm) Octa Core Processor (2.0 GHz dual-core Cortex-A75 and 1.8 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM (Memory Fusion: 4GB+3GB and 6GB+5GB)
- Colours: Electric Blue, Tech Silver, Eco Black
- Dimension: 173.1 x 78.5 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.9-inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2460 pixels (~389 ppi density), 90Hz Refresh Rate, ~83.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes (Glass)
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide) + PDAF + 2 other unspecified cameras
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: –
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 7000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Fast Charging Capacity (Comes with a 33W Charger), 10W Reverse Charging