In the dropshipping industry, an important thing happened recently: the Oberlo app decided to close its dropshipping service and migrate to DSers to provide a better AliExpress dropshipping experience. The breaking news does bring a lot of changes in the e-commerce industry. We write the post to provide you with information about DSers and the Oberlo migration. The post also covers some best Oberlo alternatives to grow a dropshipping business after Oberlo.
Before learning that, we would like to clarify some data related to dropshipping such as its market size share, the market size of selected dropshipping platforms, and search interests on Google.
Get started now.
Global dropshipping market size: The global dropshipping e-commerce market is estimated to be worth $128.6 billion in 2020. It is predicted that the market size will grow to $476.1 billion in the six years from 2021 to 2026.
The market size of selected dropshipping platforms (by region): Data from 2021 shows that Shopify is the leading enterprise e-commerce service. Shopify surpasses Spocket and Oberlo in terms of the number of dropshipping products. In the Americas alone, Shopify saw a drop of nearly 1.9 million units, followed by Oberlo at just under 3.3K.
Monthly search interest score on Google: Since 2016, the keyword dropshipping has become increasingly popular online. Searches for “dropshipping” on Google’s site are high, suggesting a higher level of interest among online users. During the study period, interest in searching through search engines gradually increased over the past few years, until it peaked in August 2020, with a score of 87 out of 100.
Dropshipping has been popular since its inception and will continue to be loved by people. Let’s start our journey of boosting a dropshipping business without Oberlo.
How Should you Grow your Business without Oberlo
How should you grow your business without Oberlo? The answer is quite easy: the Oberlo app was closed and you could find a similar dropshipping solution to optimize your dropshipping store.
As Oberlo itself suggested: DSers as its trusted partner, is a great choice to scale your business after Oberlo’s sunset. Let us show you what DSers is first.
What Is DSers
Founded in 2018, DSers is a comprehensive dropshipping tool for dropshippers to save time and cost when starting a dropshipping business. The following examples are what you can do with the DSers AliExpress dropshipping tool:
Unique and attractive store: No matter where you have a store, on Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, or any other sales channel, you can create custom stores with the DSers team.
Manage dropshipping suppliers without any hassle: DSers allow you to set up multiple suppliers for a product and check product inventory to personalize your offer.
Place 100s of AliExpress orders in seconds: As an AliExpress Dropshipping partner, DSers can help you quickly place an order with AliExpress and pay in bulk.
Order tracking services: As an AliExpress Dropshipping partner, DSers can help you quickly place an order with AliExpress and pay in bulk which will satisfy your customers well. Whether your store has a lot of orders or just opened, it’s always wise to improve your productivity to make a good impression on your customers.
Find and sell winning items: With DSers Supplier Optimizer, you can easily source and import products from qualified suppliers on AliExpress. You can also edit products and variations to publish them in your store with a few clicks.
Compared to Oberlo or other dropshipping solutions, DSers provides better dropshipping service at a cheaper price. Its free plan also offers basic and significant features for users to operate and optimize their dropshipping business.
How to Migrate to DSers
Here we continue to discuss the question of how to migrate from Oberlo to DSers. If you decide to migrate from Oberlo to DSers, you need to understand the whole process. To make your migration smoother, we’ll cover some migration details throughout the process.
Before starting the migration, it’s worth knowing some facts like when Oberlo is unavailable, what you can do with your account during the migration, etc.
After that, you can follow the migration steps to start your migration. You can trigger migrations from Oberlo administrators by authorizing DSers to acquire and migrate storage-related data. Please make sure you connect your Shopify store (linked with Oberlo) to DSers in this step.
If you have already had a DSers account, DSers takes this into account and provide data preference settings to help you with this. Selecting data references can help you avoid data conflicts in the process.
Now it’s time to start the migration. To meet your various needs, DSers allow you to start your migration right away, or specify a migration time by scheduling a specific time slot shortly.
Once the migration begins, DSers will migrate your data, including setup data, order data, product data, and schedule data, within minutes or hours. To understand what DSers is doing on the backend, and the full steps, check this blog.
Although DSers is the best AliExpress dropshipping tool enabling you to grow your dropshipping business, other Oberlo alternatives help you a lot from different aspects. Let’s explore them.
Oberlo Alternatives to Grow Dropshipping Business
We know that the Oberlo dropshipping app was shut down, so if you are running your Shopify dropshipping store with Oberlo, it’s time to figure out some alternatives to continue your business. Here we provide 5 choices apart from DSers. Read to get the one you like.
Modalyst is a dropshipping automation platform for e-commerce sites and businesses. It helps you find dropshipping products to sell on your storefront and automates the tedious operations of running an online store.
- The sales ratio is transparent to suppliers.
- Transparent supplier return policy.
- You can ship anywhere.
- Direct integration with Shopify & BigCommerce
- Sell on your e-commerce store and online marketplaces like Amazon or eBay, or through social media channels like Facebook or Instagram.
- Gain massive insights into how your products and profiles are performing.
- Free monthly plan.
- Processing orders is not fully automated: once a customer places an order in your store, you must log in to the Modalyst dashboard and pay for the order before the supplier can process the order.
- Modalyst’s free tier and most premium tiers have a 5% transaction fee.
- You must upgrade to Modalyst’s Pro or Business premium plan to gain access to its entire supplier network.
- Since Modalyst suppliers deliver products to your customers on your behalf, you will not have the option to customize your shipping and product packaging for the brand.
WooDropship is a great dropshipping plugin for WooCommerce stores. It allows you to easily import everything from AliExpress to WooCommerce. It is software with a web application as well as a Chrome extension.
- Customization feature
- Quick Order Fulfillment
- Free hosting and SSL
- Ease of Dropshipping
- No Add-ons
- Monthly Recurring Fees
- Limited order fulfillment (based on the subscription)
Spocket is a dropshipping app that offers integration with WooCommerce and Shopify stores. With a few clicks, you can open a dropshipping business selling goods from suppliers in the US and UK. This feature sets Spocket apart from Oberlo and other courier apps on the market, as most other solutions focus on AliExpress items.
- 24/7 customer support
- Shorter product shipping time within the US and Europe
- product customization
- Selling on personal websites, blogs, online shops, and social networks such as Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc
- Prices setting
- Inventory updates in real-time
- Product samples from suppliers
- Short 14-day free trial period
- No permanently free plan for beginners
- Without cooperation with major dropshipping marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, or Etsy
- No access to view your suppliers’ inventories
- Without advanced dropshipping features, such as package customization or automatic tax rate assessment
Spreadr is designed for Amazon affiliates to make it easy for Amazon to add products to their Shopify store and receive a commission for every completed order.
For merchants looking to import products from Amazon or earn a commission on sales, it will be of great help. You can add any product link from Amazon directly into the app and customers will be able to see it in your store.
- Fast support service
- Possibility to customize product descriptions
- Easy, one-click import of Amazon products
- No free plan for everyone
- No guidance on affiliate rules violations result in merchants cannot receive their commission
Founded in 2013, Printful is a top dropshipping supplier for accessories, apparel, and homewares. They are a well-known leader in print-on-demand apparel. But that doesn’t mean you can’t order something else.
- User-friendly interface
- Quick setup
- No minimum order purchase
- Branding services
- No monthly fees
- White-label printing
- Ecommerce photography
- 24/7 support
- Product personalization options
- Easy-to-setup API
- Product Mockup generator
- Few product categories for all the items
- The expensive starting price to have a good margin
- Poor refunds policy ( if the order is not lost or damaged, reshipments will cost you money)
We are glad to share the news with you and provide some advice for boosting your dropshipping business. We hope the article can provide value for you. By the way, if you have any questions about the Oberlo migration, you can contact DSers 24/7 customer support. They will assist you with it timely.