Samsung Galaxy M13 5G is more or less like the Galaxy M13, but with a 5G radio. It achieves this by swapping out the Exynos 850 chipset with a 5G capable MediaTek Dimensity 700. The Samsung Galaxy M13 5G features a slightly smaller display with a 50MP dual rear camera, and 5000 mAh battery.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy M13 5G
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Samsung Galaxy M13 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~270 ppi density)
- Android 12, One UI Core 4
- MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 (7 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 50 MP (wide) + 2 MP (depth) Dual Rear Camera
- 5 MP Single Camera
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 15W Fast Charging
- 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Aside the 5G, the Samsung Galaxy M13 5G seems like a downgrade in certain departments. It still comes in an all plastic body, though the color options are different. The 5G phone is available in Midnight Blue, Aqua Green, and Stardust Brown.
On the back you get two lenses with the ultrawide angle lens provided in the standard edition missing in the 5G model.
This Samsung phone also features a smaller 6.5-inch IPS display with downgraded resolution from 1080 x 1408 pixels to 720 x 1600 pixels. The screen is protected in Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and offers 90 Hz refresh rate.
You get a good viewing experience for watching movies and browsing the web and maybe some light gaming too. A V-notch houses the front facing camera, while the fingerprint sensor is mounted on the side.
Samsung Galaxy M13 5G drops the 2 megapixels ultrawide-angle lens provided in the triple camera setup of the vanilla model. As a result, you get a dual camera setup with a 50 megapixels wide-angle lens and a 2 megapixels bokeh lens.
A 5 megapixels wide-angle camera is provided in the front for taking selfies.
Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy M13 5G runs Android 12 on the MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 (7 nm) processor. This is the same chipset we saw in the Samsung Galaxy A13 5G with dual-core Cortex-A76 and hexa-core Cortex A55 clocked at 2.2GHz and 2.0GHz respectively.
The android phone comes in a model with 64GB built-in storage with 4GB RAM and 128GB built-in storage with 6GB RAM. It supports storage expansion via a microSD card.
Samsung Galaxy M13 5G sports a 5000 mAh battery. This should offer a decent battery performance. Fast charging is supported with 15W charging capacity.
The affordable android phone comes offers dual SIM support, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G LTE, dual-band, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a side-fingerprint scanner for security.
Perhaps the most outstanding feature of the smartphone is the inclusion of a 5G radio, which means support for superfast 5G networks. The smartphone supports Auto Data switching which means that if one SIM loses data network, it automatically connects to the other SIM for data connection.
Samsung Galaxy M13 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy M13 5G price in India starts at around 13,999 INR. The Galaxy M13 5G is expected to cost around 105,000 Naira, 10,500 KES in Kenya, 699 GHC in Ghana, and 3,040 EGP in Egypt.
The Galaxy M13 5G was announced July, 2022 and became available for purchase in July 2022.
Samsung Galaxy M13 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy M13 5G:
- Platform: Android 12, One UI Core 4
- Processor: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 (7 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.2 GHz dual-core Cortex-A76 and 2.0 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM (up to 12GB RAM with virtual RAM via RAM Plus)
- Colours: Midnight Blue, Aqua Green, Stardust Brown
- Dimension: 164.5 x 76.5 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 195 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~270 ppi density), 90Hz refresh rate, ~81.1% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide) + 2 MP (depth) Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Panorama, HDR, PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 MP Front Camera
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 5G bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Fast Charging Capacity