Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 5G is the successor to the Galaxy Z Flip 3. This is not a radically new design compared to the Flip3, but offers a couple of refinements that makes it better than its predecessor. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 features a 6.7-inch foldable display, a 1.9-inch cover display, a 12MP dual rear camera, an 8MP front camera, a bigger 3700 mAh battery, and was launched alongside the other foldable smartphone from Samsung, the Galaxy Z Fold 4.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inches Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 1080 x 2640 pixels
- 1.9-inch Super AMOLED Cover Display, 260 x 512 pixels
- Android 12, One UI 4.1.1
- Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 12 MP (wide) + 12 MP (ultrawide) Dual Rear Camera
- 10 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 25W Fast Charging Capacity
- 3700 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
On the surface, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 looks very similar to its predecessor. However, on closer observation you will see some refinements. You still get a 6.7-inch foldable display, but the bezels are now slimmer for a more premium look.
The 6.7-inch Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with 1080 x 2640 pixels resolution features similar adaptive refresh rate as the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra with refresh rate ranging from as low as 1Hz to up to 120Hz depending on your current view.
The adaptive refresh rate promises improved battery performance by using just about the right refresh rate required for the optimal viewing experience. You also get HDR10+ and up to 1200 nits brightness for a great viewing experience.
The front of the Samsung phone is covered in transparent plastic to accommodate the folding. You also get armored aluminium frames with the back covered in Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+. The hinge is covered in the same tough aluminium.
The smartphone is available in numerous colors including Bora Purple, Graphite, Pink Gold, Blue, Yellow, White, Navy, Khaki, and Red.
You get two rings for the two rear cameras with the 1.9-inch Super AMOLED cover display, which comes handy for notifications. The cover display can also be used to take selfies with the rear cameras for a better result. It retains the same 260 x 512 pixels resolution as the Flip3. It is covered in the same Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ as the rest of the back.
IPX8 Water Resistance
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 offers IPX8 rating for water resistance. It can survive for up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water.
The tough aluminium frame and hinge as well as the Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ makes the device durable.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 5G features a somewhat similar camera setup as the Flip3. You get two 12 megapixels sensors on the back and a 10 megapixels sensor in the front.
The main camera though still 12 megapixels have been upgraded to let in more light for an improved low light performance. This is a wide angle lens with an 83˚ FoV and f/1.8 aperture. The camera also offers Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and dual-Pixel Phase Detection Autofocus.
The main camera is supported by a 12MP ultrawide wide-angle lens, which is exactly the same as the one provided for the 2021 Flip. You can record 4K videos. Slow Motion recording is also supported with the smartphone’s camera offering 960fps for 720p HD video recording.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 sports the same selfie camera as its predecessor. You get a 10 megapixels wide-angle camera with support for 4K ultra HD recording.
Hardware and Software
The Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) octa-core chipset features a tri-cluster architecture with a single-core Cortex-X2, a tri-core Cortex-A710, and a quad-core Cortex A510 clocked at 3.19GHz, 2.75GHz, and 1.8GHz respectively.
The premium android phone offers 8GB RAM with the option of 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB built-in storage. It features no memory card slot similar to iPhone models like the iPhone X and iPhone XR as well as the more recent iPhone 13 Pro Max.
This android phone offers an improved battery capacity from 3300 mAh to 3700 mAh. It also offers faster charging capacity from 15W to 25W. However, you have to buy the charger separately as there is no charger in the box. The smartphone as supports 15W wireless charging as well as 4.5W reverse wireless charging.
You get Android 12 with One UI 4.1.1 out of the box.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 5G sports a USB Type-C Port (USB 2.0) for fast charging and wired communications. While it comes with the USB cable, the charger is not provided in box. Bluetooth 5.2 with LE and A2DP as well as NFC is provided for wireless connectivity. This device lacks a 3.5mm audio jack.
The smartphone supports 5G connectivity for superfast downloads, uploads, and streaming. You also get Wi-Fi 6 and dual-band Wi-Fi.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 5G price starts at around $899.99 for the base 8GB / 128GB configuration at leading online stores. The Galaxy Z Flip 4 5G costs about 810,000 Naira in Nigeria, 109,499 KES in Kenya and 6,000 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 was announced on the August 10 2022 and is expected to be available for purchase starting August 25 2022.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4:
- Platform: Android 12, One UI 4.1.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor (3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 and 2.75 GHz tri-core Cortex-A710 and 1.80 GHz quad-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Bora Purple, Graphite, Pink Gold, Blue, Yellow, White, Navy, Khaki, Red
- Dimension: Unfolded: 165.2 x 71.9 x 6.9 mm, Folded: 84.9 x 71.9 x 15.9-17.1 mm
- Weight: 187 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7 inches Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 1080 x 2640 pixels (~426 ppi density), ~85.4% screen-to-body ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate; 1.9-inch Super AMOLED display, 260 x 512 pixels (302 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Plus (Cover Display)
- Foldable Display: Yes
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (wide), f/1.8, 83˚ FoV, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS + 12 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 123˚ FoV Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/240fps, [email protected], HDR10+
- Front Camera: 10 MP (wide), f/2.4, 80˚ FoV Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A (6CA)
- 5G: Yes, up to 2.0Gbps download / 200Mbps upload
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Samsung Pay
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 3700 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Fast Charging Capacity, Charge from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes, 15W Fast Wireless Charging Capacity, 4.5W Reverse Wireless Charging