Huawei has unveiled its latest member into it Mate series, the Huawei Mate 60 alongside the Mate 60 Pro in August 2023. Unlike last year’s Huawei Mate 50 series, the Mate 60 has a premium-line RS design with 6.69-inches LTPO OLED Full HD+ display, triple rear camera consisting of a 50 MP wide camera, 12 MP periscope telephoto lens and 12 MP ultrawide camera. This device is powered by the Kirin 9000S Octa-core processor with up to 12 GB RAM and 1 TB internal storage. It is backed up by a 4750 mAh battery.
Where to Buy Huawei Mate 60
Huawei Mate 60 Key Specs and Features
- 6.69 inches LTPO OLED Display, 1216 x 2688 pixels (~441 ppi density), ~88.4% screen-to-body ratio
- HarmonyOS 4.0 (China)
- Kirin 9000S (7 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 12GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 12 MP (periscope telephoto) + 12 MP (ultrawide) Triple Rear Camera
- 13 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display, optical)
- 256GB, 512GB 1TB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 66W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4750 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Huawei Mate 60 is an ultra-premium flagship device with a dual-tone design of the back panel. The bottom part of the back features a slightly different hue and feel. The 5G phone features a curved Kunlun glass on the front and back with an aluminum frame around. This adds a touch of elegance and modernity to the device.
In terms of build quality, the Huawei Mate 60 strikes a good balance between attractiveness and lightweight design. Weighing only 209 g, it is notably lighter than flagship devices like the iPhone 14 Pro Max, making it comfortable to hold for extended periods of use. This phone has the same dimensions of 161.4 x 76 x 8 mm (6.35 x 2.99 x 0.31 in) as OPPO A78 4G which further contribute to its sleek and slim profile.
On the rear there is an eye catchy circular camera bump with the three main cameras positioned on the outer part of the ring, and the XMAGE logo in the center, adding to the ambiance of the phone. On the front, there is a 6.69-inch display with a punch-hole front-facing camera at the top. This device has a borderless display, contributing to an overall balanced design.
Similar to the Mate 60 Pro, the Huawei Mate 60 feature an LTPO OLED Full HD+ display. however, it has a 6.69-inches display which is smaller compare to the 6.82-inch screen on the Pro version. The LTPO OLED display technology provides vibrant colors and deep blacks, making it ideal for watching videos and playing games.
Similarly, the Huawei Mate 60 display sports 19.5:9 ratio, while measuring 89.8% screen-to-body ratio which offers a widescreen cinematic feel. The screen has 1212 x 2616 pixels resolution, resulting in a pixel density of 431 pixels per inch (PPI), which is sharp and clear, ensuring that text and images look crisp and detailed.
In addition, the Mate 60 display features DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, 1.07 Billion Colors and 1440Hz high frequency PWM dimming. These provide better colors, great color accuracy, smoother brightness levels, and extend the display’s overall lifespan.
Meanwhile the display also comes with an adaptive 1 to 120Hz refresh rate and 300Hz touch sampling rate, making it ideal for gaming and other activities that require a smooth and responsive experience. For security purpose, there is an under-display fingerprint sensor. Overall, the display is well-suited for daily use, providing a satisfactory viewing experience for most users
The Huawei Mate 60 features a triple-camera setup, which includes a 50 megapixels main camera, a 12 megapixels ultra-wide camera, and a 12 megapixels telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom. This camera setup provides a versatile range of shooting options, allowing you to capture wide-angle shots, zoomed-in shots, and everything in between.
The 50MP main camera captures high-resolution photos with PDAF, Laser AF, OIS features thus producing excellent detail shots. The ultra-wide camera comes with a 120˚ field of view, hence, it provides a unique perspective for creative photography, while the telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom, that allows you to get close to the action even when you’re not physically close. These enabling you to capture distant subjects with clarity.
In addition to still photography, the camera setup on the Mate 60 also supports 4K video recording at 30/60fps and 1080p at 30/60/120/240/480fps, which provides exceptional video quality. The camera also features advanced features such as dual pixel autofocus, optical image stabilization, and live focus, which make it easier to take great photos and videos.
Meanwhile, the 13-megapixel ultrawide front camera offers a broader perspective for your selfies. It comes with features like HDR and panorama to enhance your selfie-taking experience.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood, the Mate 60 is powered by Kirin 9000S, an octa-core chipset built on 7 nm architecture. It clocked at up to 2.28GHz with an Maleoon 910 GPU running graphics. This powerful and efficient chip provides smooth and fast performance.
The Huawei phone is also available with 12GB of RAM and three different internal storage option including a 256GB, 512Gb and 1TB of internal storage, any of which provides plenty of space for apps, games, photos, and videos. This device also has a Nano memory slot which allows you to expand the storage space.
In addition, the Huawei Mate 60 comes with come with the company’s own OS the HarmonyOS 4.0 version, which has an intuitive and easy to use interface, and a number of customization options so you can personalize your device to your liking.
This HarmonyOS phone is also equipped with a 4750 mAh non-removable battery with 66W wired charger inside the box. It also support 50W wireless charging and 5W reverse wireless charging.
In terms of connectivity, the Mate 60 supports 5G networks, which allows you to take advantage of faster download and upload speeds. It also supports Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, and NFC, which provides a range of connectivity options for various devices and accessories.
Huawei Mate 60 Price and Availability
Huawei Mate 60 price starts at $769 / € 750.00 / ₹ 68,085 at leading online stores. The Huawei Mate 60 price in Nigeria starts at around ₦647,000.
Huawei Mate 60 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei Mate 60:
- Platform: HarmonyOS 4.0 (China)
- Processor: Kirin 9000S (7 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.62 GHz Cortex-A720 and 2.15 GHz tri-core Cortex-A720 and 1.53GHz quad-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Maleoon 910 GPU
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Green, Purple
- Dimension: 161.4 x 76 x 8 mm
- Weight: 209 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.69 inches LTPO OLED Display, 1216 x 2688 pixels (~441 ppi density), 120 Hz Refresh Rate, ~88.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes, Huawei Kunlun Glass 2
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.4-f/4.0, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS + 12 MP (periscope telephoto), f/3.4 PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom + 12 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 120˚ FoV PDAF Triple Rear Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Panorama, HDR, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/480fps, 720p@960fps, 720p@3840fps, HDR, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 13 MP (ultrawide), f/2.4 Camera, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
- Memory Card Support: NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1x
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-Fi 6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 3.1, OTG, Display Port 1.2
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (L1), BDS (B1I+B1c+B2a+B2b), GALILEO (E1+E5a+E5b), QZSS (L1+L5), NavIC (L5)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, 50W Wireless Charging Capacity, 5W Reverse Wireless Charging Capacity
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4750 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 66W Fast Charging Capacity, 50W Fast Wireless Charging Capacity