Below is the new electricity rate for consumers under the Abuja Distribution Company of the PHCN. It is based on the new Multi-Year Tariff Order (MYTO 2), which took effect from June 1, 2012. The Tariff below took effect June 1, 2013. The following states and territories are under the Abuja Distribution Company: FCT, Niger, Kogi, and Nassarawa.
Electricity Tariff Finder
So, the electricity rates below are valid only if you live in these territories. Note also that these power rates are only valid for one year as a new power tariff will take effect from June 1, 2014.
2013 Power Rates for Abuja District
A look at the table shows that consumers designated as R2, which is probably the bulk of residential consumers in the district had a 7.4% increase in tariff (88 kobo), while the fixed charge went up by a little over 40% (202 Naira.). Compare further, checkout the 2012 Abuja Electricity Tariff
|Tariff Class||Energy Unit Cost (Naira/KWH)||Fixed Charge (N/Month)|
|Street Lighting S1||13.41||600|
Note Valid only for FCT, Niger, Kogi, and Nassarawa until May 31, 2014.
2013 Electricity Tariff
Here are the electricity tariff for other states in Nigeria.
- Join us over the next hour, we will be providing the new tariff for all states in Nigeria
More PHCN & Energy Articles
- 2012 Electricity Tariff
- PHCN New Energy/Power Tariff not as it sounds
- Benefits prepayment meters by PHCN
- Cheating your electronic electric energy meter
- DDSY111 Pre payment meter
- Prepayment meter installation guide
- Review of monitor unit of electronic energy prepayment meter
- How to Recharge Prepayment Meter