So, I’m roaming websites to find some innovative apps and services offered in Nigeria and I came across this service: Yuzah (www.yuzah.com), a diesel delivery service. At first I thought it was just too slick for it to be a product created here but found out it was developed specifically by a former Goldman Sachs tech guy and a Silicon Valley 3-time start-up entrepreneur for the Nigerian market.
The app is best described as Uber-for-diesel-delivery and works very much the same way:
- Download the app from the Google PlayStore (only Android currently, and you need GPS and data or wifi) – Download Here
- On Opening up the app it does two things immediately:
1. It locates you on a map
2. It tells you how many diesel delivery trucks are close to you, and gives their locations on the map
- Then just order your diesel (minimum 100 litre order)
As you order it asks you to create an account and it sends a one-time password (OTP) via SMS to your phone to verify your mobile number. You enter this OTP in the app and the driver is on his way.
It is easy, slick and very quick. So, here are some of the benefits I see (some of them I’ve read off their site, too):
- Priced the same as pump diesel with no added delivery charge
- No need to wait in diesel lines with Jerry cans
- No need to have your vehicle smell of diesel spills
- Diesel delivery that is quick…no need to wait all day for your diesel guy
Oh, BTW, they are offering FREE 5 LITRES of diesel on all first time orders.
You should check it out and try it. I know you’ll always buy your diesel this way after trying it once. Download Here