Presenting UmiDiGi’s flagship for the year, UmiDigi Z2 Pro which also takes the title of the first smartphone to come with the Helio P60 chipset. On the outside, there is still the same design as the UmiDigi Z2 which looks stunning by the way but with an entirely different story on the inside. The smartphone is not in the league of other flagships like the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Huawei P20 Pro, you could consider the smartphone a mid-range flagship.
Where to Buy UmiDigi Z2 Pro
UmiDigi Z2 Pro Key Specs and Features
- 6.2-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 2246 x 1080 pixels (403 ppi)
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 CPU with 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage built-in, up to 256GB with a memory card
- Dual 16MP + 8MP rear camera and dual 16MP + 8MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (rear)
- Wireless Charging
- 3, 550mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
Design and Display
UmiDigi Z2 Pro gets right on the design-front with a glass build and another ceramic option which all depicts an expert craftsmanship.
There are also several colour options to pick from all having a well polished metallic frame.
The front has a large screen with not too obvious bezels at the side and a bit of a chin at the bottom while at the top there is a notch.
There are a number of differences between the UmiDigi Z2 Pro and the Z2 but the display is not one of them. It has a 6.2-inch LCD screen and a corresponding 2246 x 1080 pixels resolution. There is no mention of Corning Gorilla Glass or any other protection so you should be careful or just get a screen guard.
Battery and Camera
Battery stays the same too at just a bit above the average capacity but this will do just fine for your day to day usage. In that regard, the UmiDigi Z2 Pro has a 3, 550mAh battery that can be charged wirelessly and also support quick charge using a USB Type-cable.
The quad camera setup continues on the Pro model with the same set of sensors. You should, however, not expect anything less than good picture quality from both cameras on the rear and front side.
The UmiDigi Z2 Pro will be shooting with a 16MP and 8MP duo from the rear and front likewise although the former is a 6-element lens while the latter is a 5-element lens.
Hardware and Software
There is a high prospect of what the MediaTek P60 can do being a new SoC around the block but it is still not close to what the Kirin and Snapdragon flagship bring to the table.
That said, there is the MediaTek P60 at the core and an ARM Mali G72 MP3 GPU all making sure you have a pleasant experience.
Also, there is a 6GB RAM and 128GB of storage space which can be expanded to 256GB. In addition, UmiDigi Z2 Pro boots Android 8.1 Oreo from the factory which is what is expected of a smartphone released at this time.
UmiDigi Z2 Pro Price and Availability
UmiDigi Z2 Pro costs $299.99. You can buy the smartphone at leading online stores like Gearbest and AliExpress. UmiDigi Z2 Pro price in Nigeria is expected around 110, 000 Naira depending on your location and the deal you can get from various online stores of choice.
UmiDigi Z2 Pro is available in Twilight and Carbon Fiber options both going for $299.99. Besides this two options, UmiDigi Z2 Pro also comes in a limited edition Luxury Ceramic option, going for $359.99.
UmiDIgi Z2 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the UmiDigi Z2 Pro:
- Platform: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P60
- GPU: ARM Mali G72 MP3
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Twilight, Carbon fibre, ceramic black
- Dimension: 153.4 x 74.4 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 165g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.2-inch, IPS LCD touchscreen, 1080 x 2160 pixels (402 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: Dual 16MP + 8MP camera, [email protected], 1080p [email protected]/60fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama
- Front Camera: Dual 16MP + 8MP camera, 1080p [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 4G: TDD-LTE 34 /38 /39 /40 /41
4G: FDD-LTE 1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /25 /26 /28A /28B
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.2 with A2DP, LE, AptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 3.1
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/AAC+/WAV/Flac player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: –
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3, 950mAh non removable Li-Ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes