Turns out Umidigi skipped the number 4, moving straight to the Umidigi Power 5, which succeeds the Umdigi Power 3. On the successive offerings, the Umidigi Power 5 seems like a downgrade when compared to the Power 3, more on that later in the article. The biggest selling point of this Power smartphone is probably the massive 6150 mAh battery and a built-in infrared thermometer. The 2022 Power series consists of the Umidigi Power 7, Power 7S, and Power 7 Max.
Where to Buy UmiDigi Power 5
Umidigi Power 5 Key Specs & Features
- 6.53 inch IPS Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels
- Stock Android 11
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio G25
- 3GB / 4GB
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, With SD-Card
- 48MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Built-in Infrared Thermometer (2.0)
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side-Mounted)
- 6150 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Umidigi Power 5’s design can be seen as a revamped version of the Power 3. The elements in this design are sort of based on the architecture of its predecessor.
On the rear, we have a square camera module containing three cameras, an LED flash, and an Infrared sensor. Beneath this camera module, is a branded text that reads “Beyond Dream”, which is sort of in a similar fashion to the “Dare to leap” text on Realme phones.
Flipping the Umidigi Power 5 to get a front view, reveals a 6.53-inch IPS LCD display, with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and 20:9 aspect ratio. This display has a slightly substantial size of bezels surrounding it, which sort tasks are far from having a modern look.
Enthusiast that desire to purchase this device will have three colour variants, which include Carbon Grey, Jade Green, and Sapphire Green.
The camera hardware on the Umidigi Power 5, isn’t really superior over the Umidigi Power 3, it sort of lies below.
On the rear, we have a triple camera system, featuring a 16MP ultrawide primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0 (the predecessor had a 48MP camera), a 5MP macro camera, and an 8MP ultrawide camera with a 120° field of view, as opposed to the 13MP ultrawide camera on the Power 3.
Upfront, we have a single 8MP AI selfie camera, as opposed to the 16MP camera on its predecessor.
Hardware and Software
The performance makeup of the Umidigi 5 sort of falls in the same category as its predecessor, it isn’t really a boost in my opinion.
Onboard, we have an Octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 processor, as opposed to the Helio P60 processor on its predecessor.
Also on board, is the PowerVR8320 GPU, the RAM options available include 3GB / 4GB, the storage options include 64GB / 128GB, as opposed to the single 4GB / 64GB variant on the Power 3.
We also have a non-removable 6150mAh battery, which is probably the highlight of the device paired with 10W charging, which is pretty much the same as seen on last year’s model. The battery promises up to 16 hours gaming and up to 29 hours video playback.
On the software side, the Umidigi Power 5 runs a stock Android user interface, on top of the Android 11 operating system.
The Umidigi Power 5 features Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a type-c port.
Internet connectivity on this device is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be able to utilize 5G internet, even in an area with 5G reception.
Umidigi Power 5 Price and Availability
Umidigi Power 5 price starts at around $108.99 for the 3GB / 64GB variant and $129.99 for the 4GB / 128GB variant. The Umidigi Power 5 costs around 58,990 Naira in Nigeria, 17,099 KES in Kenya, and 1,127 GHC in Ghana.
The Umidigi Power 5 is available for purchase at Ali Express and possibly other leading online retail stores.
Umidigi Power 5 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi Power 5 :
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G25 (8xCortex-A53, up to 2.0GHz)
- GPU: PowerVR8320
- Memory: 3GB RAM / 4GB RAM
- Colours: Carbon Grey, Jade Green, Sapphire Green
- Dimension: 164.8mm x 76.9mm x 9.9mm
- Weight: 211g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.53-inch, 720 x 1600, 20:9 Aspect Ratio,
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Primary) f/2.0 + 8MP (Ultrawide) 120° FOV + 5MP (Macro) +
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, AI Selfie
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8 /19
- 3G CDMA EVDO: B34 /39
- 4G LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B / B34 /38 /39 /40 /41 / 66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth HID
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, Glonass, Galilieo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Side-Mounted
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes, AI Face Unlock
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6150mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –