Umidigi Bison GT is a more power variant of the Bison optimised for gaming performance. The ‘GT’ moniker has so far been associated with high performance smartphones and for the Umidigi Bison GT, the story isn’t different. Enthusiasts in the market for this device will be settling for a smartphone hardware that’s more capable that what is offered on the vanilla Umidigi Bison.
Where to Buy Umidigi Bison GT
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers
Umidigi Bison GT Key Specs and Features
- 6.3 inches FHD+ Display, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 1080 x 2400 Pixels
- Android 10
- 8GB RAM
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G95
- 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 256GB Memory Card
- 64MP + 16MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera
- 32MP Front Camera
- IP68 / IP69k (Water / Dust Resistance)
- Customizable Buttons
- PTT (Push-to-talk)
- 4G LTE, Dual-band VoLTE
- Customizable Buttons
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- Fast Charge (33W Capacity)
- 5150 mAh Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
The Umidigi Bison GT’s design is basically the same as what we have on its vanilla sibling. It retains the whole Armour / tough looking chassis that actually lives up to its appearance.
On the rear of this device, we find a square camera module bearing majorly four camera and an LED flash. Also on the rear is the Bison logo, as well as some other elements that would probably give you hints that the phone you are served isn’t regular.
Moving upfront we have a 6.3 inches display bearing a top center placed punch hole camera. The highlights of this display includes a resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels, aspect ratio of 20:9 and Gorilla glass protection.
Speaking on protection, the Umidigi Bison GT bear an IP68 & IP69k rating for water and dust resistance. Umidigi claims this device can survive in a 1.5m of water for 30 minutes and can also survive a drop from a height of 1.5m, which is supported by reinforced cushions at the edges.
Umidigi also gracefully featured dual customizable buttons on the sides of this Android phone, which could help in times where getting into the software for navigation isn’t really convenient. The provisions made on adaptation to tough terrains, pretty much earns the Bison GT an MIL-STD-810G rating which makes it military grade.
The Umigidi Bison GT bears a camera system that shows superiority of its vanilla sibling, this is valid for both the front and rear setup.
upfront we have a single 32MP camera as opposed to the 24MP camera on the standard Umidigi Bison.
Moving on to the rear, we have a 64MP taking the lead as a primary camera, as opposed to a 48MP as seen on its vanilla sibling. Also on the rear is a 16MP ultrawide camera with a 120° FOV, a 5MP macro camera and a 5MP depth camera.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Umidigi GT is taking things up a notch with an Octa-core MediaTek Helio G95 processor, 8GB RAM which is more than the 6GB RAM on the vanilla Bison, 128GB of internal storage and a non-removable 5150mAh battery. Enthusiasts would also get a 33W charging mechanism.
Summing up the performance combo shows enthusiasts are being served with a better performer that would taking running tasks smoother.
On the software side, the Umidigi Bison runs on the Android 10 operating system.
The Umidigi Bison features a USB type-c port, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC support, and WiFi connectivity.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G speed on this device.
Umidigi Bison GT Price and Availability
Umidigi Bison GT price starts is around $199.99 at leading retailers. The Umidigi Bison GT costs around 33,999 in Kenya, and 1,565 GHC in Ghana.
The Umidigi Bison GT is currently available for sale and can be purchased from leading online retail stores like AliExpress.
Umidigi Bison GT Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi Bison GT:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G95 (Octa-core – 2 x A76 2.05GHz large core, 6 x A55 2.0GHz small core)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G76 MC4, up to 900MHz
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colors: Cyber Yellow, Lava Orange
- Dimension: 12.8mm x 170.3mm x 82.5mm
- Weight: 283g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67 inches Full View Display, 1080 x 2400, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.9 + 16MP (Ultrawide) 120° FOV + 5MP (Depth) + 5MP (Macro) 2.5cm macro distance
- Rear Camera Features: Dual LED flash, Face recognition, 4K, 1080p, 720p, 480p video recording, 30fps
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, f/2.0, Face recognition, Selfie countdown, AI Beautify
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Up to 256GB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8
- 2G CDMA 1X: BC0 /BC1
- 3G WCDMA: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: BC0 /BC1
- 4G LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /25 /26 /28A /28B/ B34 /38 /39 /40 /41 /66 /71
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: –
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth HID
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mount)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5150mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (33W Fast Charging Capacity)