The Umidigi A11 can be described as a follow-up of the Umidgi A9 which was released earlier. The package on this smartphone shows Umidigi isn’t far from its long-time system of smartphone delivery. Here we have an affordable Android smartphone with capable hardware.
Where to Buy UmiDigi A11
UmiDigi A11 Key Specs and Features
- 6.53-inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 20:9 Aspect ratio
- Android 11
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- Quad-core Mediatek Helio G25
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, Supports SD-Card
- 16MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Infrared Thermometer 2.0
- 10W Charging Capacity
- 5150 mAh Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
The Umidigi A11’s design may not be very far-fetched from the design of the Umidigi A9. However, the added flat panel and the gradient design style on the rear are something to appreciate. It feels more like a missing touch that has finally been placed.
Running through more than half of the left side of the rear panel is a text that reads “Beyond your dreams”, which is sort of similar to what we have ongoing with the “Dare to leap” text on Realme smartphones.
Moving upfront, we have a single 6.53 inch IPS LCD display with a drop notch as seen on the Umidigi A9. The highlights of this display include a resolution of 720 x 1600 and a 20:9. This is a bit smaller than the this display in its predecessors the Umidigi A13, the Umidigi A13 Pro, and the Umidigi A13s.
Enthusiasts who purchase this Android smartphone will have two colour options that include Mist Blue, and Frost Grey.
The main camera upgrades on the Umidigi A11 over the A9, are in the rear setup, where we have a 16MP primary camera, as opposed to the 13MP primary camera on the A9. The 5MP depth camera on the A9 was replaced with a 5MP Macro camera which in my opinion is more useful.
Lastly, we have an 8MP ultrawide camera with a 120° field of view, which is reminiscent of the A9. This camera setup is capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Upfront, we have a single 8MP camera, which Umidigi says is capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, we have the MediaTek Helio G25 processor, which is the exact same processor featured on the Umidigi A9. However, we have got a 4GB / 64GB RAM and storage option, as opposed to the maxed-out 3GB / 32GB on the A9.
Still, on the performance train, we have the PowerVR8320 GPU, a non-removable 5150mAh battery paired with a 10W charging mechanism.
On the software side, we have the stock Android user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Umidigi A11 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi.
Internet connectivity on the Umidigi A11 is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be getting 5G connectivity.
Umidigi A11 Price and Availability
Umidigi A11 price starts at around $107.99 for the 3GB / 64GB variant. The Umidigi A11 costs around 56,500 Naira in Nigeria, 16,500 KES in Kenya, and 1136 GHC in Ghana. Buyers who desire the maxed out 4GB / 64GB option will have to pay about $129.99.
The Umidigi A11 can be purchased from leading online retail stores like AliExpress.
Umidigi A11 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi A11:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G25 (8xCortex-A53, up to 2.0GHz)
- GPU: PowerVR8320, up to 650MHz
- Memory: 3GB / 4GB
- Colours: Mist Blue, Frost Grey
- Dimension: 162.2mm x 75mm x 9.2mm
- Weight: 222g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Primary) f/2.0 + 8MP (Ultrawide) FOV 120° + 5MP (Macro)
- Rear Camera Features: 1080p, 720p video recording, 30fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.2, Face recognition
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8 /19
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth HID
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, Glonass, Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Side-Mounted
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5150 mAh Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –