Umidigi A13 is a 2022 member of the Umidigi A Series alongside the Umidigi A13s and A13 Pro. It is the successor of the Umidigi A11 and features some upgrades in camera and battery capacity. The processor has also been bumped-up from quad-core to octa-core. Umidigi A13 features a bigger display and an impressive 5150 mAh battery.
Where to Buy UmiDigi A13
Umidigi A13 Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1650 pixels (~272 PPI density)
- Android 11
- 4GB RAM
- UNISOC Tiger T610 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 20 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP AI Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 5150 Non-removable Li-Po Battery
A 6.7-inch Display
Umidigi A13 features a bigger display measuring 6.7-inches. This is larger than the 6.53-inch display provided for the Umidigi A11 and Umidigi A11s.
The display has a resolution of 720 x 1650 pixels and 20.6:9 aspect ratio. The display is decent and has a good view for watching movies. A fingerprint sensor is mounted on the side of the smartphone.
This Umidigi phone offers a sleek and stylish design with a flat-edged metal frame. The matte finish is available in Galaxy Blue, Sunglow Gold, and Starry Black. The body is comfortable to hold and not a fingerprint magnet.
Aside, the usual, power and volume control buttons on the right, the A13 has a customizable shortcut button on the left. This enables you build a shortcut key for quick access to apps and functions.
For example, you can set it up such that a single click on the button opens an app like Facebook. You can also setup double click to open Chrome or setup a long press for taking screenshot.
20MP Triple AI Camera
With a 20 megapixels triple AI camera, the Umidigi A13 features an improvement in camera compared to members of the A11 Series except for the Umidigi A11 Pro Max that offers a 48MP triple camera.
The smartphone features a 20 megapixels main lens with an f/1.75 aperture. This is supported by a 5 megapixels Macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, and an 8 megapixels 120° ultra-wide angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture. Dual LED flash is available for the rear camera.
For taking selfies and for Face Unlock, the affordable android phone has an 8 megapixels camera with an f/2.4 aperture. Both cameras can record full HD videos.
Hardware and Software
Umidigi A13 is powered by a Unisoc T610 (12nm) Octa-core chipset. This is the same chipset in the Umidigi Power 7 Max. The chipset is built on a dual-cluster architecture with a dual-core Cortex-A75 processor clocked at 2.0GHz and hexa-core Cortex-A55 clocked at 1.8GHz.
You get 4GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB eMMC 5.1 built-in storage. There is a hybrid slot that supports up to 256GB memory card. The smartphone sports a 5150 mAh battery.
Umidigi A13 features stock Android 11 operating system.
The android phone features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port and Bluetooth 5.0. It comes with a unique FM radio that does not require you plugging in a earphone to the headphone jack to work, making it more convenient.
It supports 4G LTE with dual 4G VoLTE and dual-Wi-Fi.
Umidigi A13 Price and Availability
Umidigi A13 price starts around $139.99 at leading online stores like AliExpress. The Umidigi A13 costs about 69,900 Naira in Nigeria, 690 GHC in Ghana and 14,500 KES in Kenya.
The smartphone is currently available for purchase on leading retail stores like AliExpress and Jumia. It was launched in March, 2022.
Umidigi A13 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi A13:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: UNISOC Tiger T610 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 CPU and 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Colours: Galaxy Blue / Starry Black / Sunglow Gold
- Dimension: 168 x 75.68 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 200 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1650 pixels (~272 PPI density), 20.6:9 aspect ratio, 84.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 20 MP, f/1.75 + 8 MP, F2.2, 120° FoV + 5 MP (macro), f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus / Continuous shooting / Digital zoom / HDR / Touch focus / Face detection / Dual-LED Flash, 1080p Video
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.2, 1080p Video
- Built-in Storage: 128GB eMMC 5.1
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256 GB via microSD card (uses hybrid slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM Bands 2 (1900), 3 (1800), 5 (850), 8 (900)
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA Bands 1 (2100), 2 (1900), 4 (1700), 5 (850) , 6 (800), 8 (900), 19 (800)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: LTE-FDD Bands B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /25 /26 /28A /28B /B66 and LTE-TDD Bands B34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps, plus Dual VoLTE
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (USB 2.0), USB-OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (With Built-in Antenna, no need to connect headphone)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5150 Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 10W Charging Capacity