The Umidigi Bison X10 Pro is a follow-up to the regular Bison Pro which was released earlier. As a successor, the Bison X10 Pro doesn’t really shine as a successor, as it’s slightly less powerful than its predecessor. However, it does feature a bigger battery, retains its IP rating, features an improved non-touch thermometer, and more.
UmiDigi Bison X10 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.53-inch Incell Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Android 11
- 4GB RAM
- Helio P60 Octa-Core Processor
- 128GB Built-in Storage, Supports SD-Card up to 256GB
- 20MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Infrared Thermometer 3.0
- IP68 / IP69k Water / Dust Resistance
- Non-Removable 6150 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Umidigi Bison X10 Pro’s design isn’t really different from what we had on the regular Bison Pro. As both smartphones actually bear a design. Even their colours are similar as we also have storm grey and hack black. The only difference in colours is the addition of the supersonic yellow colour option.
Taking a cautious look at the rear panel, what happens to be a differentiating factor here, is the visible nuts design Umidigi implanted, something we didn’t really see on the Bison Pro.
Aside from that, we also have the Bison X10 Pro branding, which gives you a briefing on the smartphone model name. What’s left are the same placements featuring lines, a square camera.
Moving up front, we find a slightly bigger display at 6.53-inch, as opposed to the 6.3-inch display in its predecessor. However, we have a 720p panel here, as opposed to the 1080p panel on its predecessor.
The Umidigi Bison X10 Pro cameras fall short of what is offered on the Umidigi Bison Pro. This goes to say you shouldn’t really consider upgrading if having a better camera system is your intent.
On the rear setup, we have a 20MP pixel primary camera as opposed to the 48MP on the former. We have an 8MP ultrawide camera as opposed to the 16MP ultrawide camera on the former. Both ultrawide cameras have a 120° field of view and lastly, we have a 5MP depth camera on the rear which is the same as on the former.
Summing up the rear cameras shows we have a triple setup, as opposed to the quad-setup on the Bison 2021. This is due to the absence of the macro camera.
Moving to the selfie side, we find an 8MP selfie camera on the UMiDigi Bison X10 Pro in lieu of the 20MP selfie camera on the Bison Pro.
Hardware and Software
The Umidigi Bison X10 Pro performance is headed by the MediaTek Helio P60 processor, as opposed to the MediaTek Helio G80 processor on the Bison Pro.
Moving on, we have 4GB RAM, as opposed to 8GB on the Bison Pro, we also have a 6150mAh battery as opposed to the 5000 mAh battery on the Bison Pro. Lastly, we have a 128GB built-in storage and support for storage expansion via Micro-SD up to 256GB.
On the software side, UMiDigi is offering a stock Android user interface that runs on the Android 11 operating system.
The Umidigi Bison X10 Pro features a USB type-c port, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC support, and WiFi connectivity.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G speed on this device.
Umidigi Bison X10 Pro Price and Availability
Umidigi Bison X10 Pro price starts at around $249 at leading online stores like AliExpress. The Bison X10 Pro should cost about 102,961 Naira in Nigeria, 27,550 KSH in Kenya, and 1,508 GHC in Ghana.
The Umidigi Bison X10 Pro can be purchased from Ali-Express, as well as other leading online retail stores.
Umidigi Bison X10 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi Bison X10 Pro:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: MediaTek, Helio P60 (Octa-core 4xCortex-A73 & 4xCortex-A53, up to 1.8GHz)
- GPU: ARM Mali G72 MP3, up to 800MHz
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Storm Gray, Supersonic Yellow, Hack Black
- Dimension: 169.7mm x 82.1mm x 12.9mm
- Weight: 285g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SM
- Display: 6.53-inch Display, Incell, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 720 x 1600 AG Matte Glass Finish
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 20MP (Primary) + 8MP (Ultrawide) 120° FOV + 5MP (Macro) 3cm Macro Distance
- Rear Camera Features: 1080p, 720p, 480p video recording, 30fps, Ultra wide-angle mode, Steady handheld night photography, Macro mode, Portrait mode, Panorama mode, HDR, AI Beautify, Ultra-wide angle edge distortion correction, Dual LED flash, Face recognition, Real-time filters
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.2, 1080p, 720p, 480p video recording, 30fps, AI Beautify, Face Recognition, Selfie Countdown
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Up to 256GB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8
- 2G CDMA 1X: 1/X(BC0/BC1)
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/6/8/19/(B34/39)/(BC0/BC1)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B / 34 /38 /39 /40 /41 /66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes ( v 4.2)
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 6150mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 10W Capacity