Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G is just like the Bison GT2 5G except that is offers a different body finish and twice as much built-in storage. While the Bison GT2 5G comes in a Storm Grey AG Matte fiberglass finish and has 128GB built-in storage the Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G offers a Hack Black Industrial Rubber finish and 256GB built-in storage.
Where to Buy UmiDigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G
Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.50-inch IPS Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (405 ppi), 90 Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Android 11 or Android 12 via OTA
- Mediatek Dimensity 900 (6nm) Octa-Core Processor
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 24 MP Front Camera
- Underwater Camera
- 256GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- Push to Talk (PTT)
- Face Unlock
- NFC Support
- Google Pay Support
- Two Customizable Buttons
- Built-in FM Antenna
- Infrared Thermometer
- Liquid Cooling System
- Rugged Build: IP68, IP69K, MIL-STD-810G
- High Precision Bosch Altimeter and Barometer
- 4G LTE
- 5G Support
- Wi-Fi 6 and Dual-band Wi-Fi
- 18W Fast Charging Capacity
- 6150 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G is built on an industrial rubber finish with reinforced corners as well as airtight and watertight build. This ensures that the smartphone can handle harsh environments. The finishing material is similar to the Umidigi Bison X10G, Bison X10G NFC, and Bison GT2 Pro.
It comes with IP68, IP69K, and military toughness in MIL-STD-810G certification making it able to survive falls of up to 1.8 meters and up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5 meters of water.
Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G has a 6.5-inch display with 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio, great for watching movies and browsing the web. The display also supports 90Hz refresh rate and up to 180Hz touch sampling rate making it great for gaming.
It features two customizable buttons, one on the left and the other on the right. This is in addition to the power button and volume control buttons.
The customizable buttons can be assigned actions such that a single click, double click, or long press of the button will activate the action like access an app or phone function like turn-on the flashlight.
Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G features a triple camera setup. This consist of a 64 megapixels wide angle lens with a f/1.8 aperture and and 81° FOV, a 5 megapixels macro camera with f/2.2 aperture and 88° FOV, and an 8 megapixels ultrawide camera with a 117° field of view and f/2.2 aperture.
The camera support 4K video recording as well as panorama shots, face recognition, and HDR.
There is also an AI enhanced 24 megapixels camera with f/2.0 aperture for taking selfies and for Face Unlock.
Hardware and Software
Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G is powered by the Mediatek Dimensity 900 (6nm) Octa-Core chipset. This is a more powerful and more efficient processor than we saw in the Umidigi Bison GT2 and Bison GT2 Pro and makes all the difference in terms of performance.
The chip has a dual-cluster architecture consisting of a dual-cluster architecture with a dual-core Cortex-A78 processor clocked at 2.4GHz and hexa-core Cortex-A55 clocked at 2.0GHz.
The processor is matched with an 8GB LPDDR4X RAM for a smooth performance for multitasking and for gaming. Add the impressive 6150 mAh battery and you have a smartphone that can hold its own no-matter what you throw at it.
The smartphone also has a liquid cooling system to keep things cool. Overall, it looks like you have all the ingredients for one of the best gaming phones baked in here.
Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G offers Android 11 or Android 12 out of the box. If your model offers Android 11, then Android 12 will be available via OTA.
You also get 256GB built-in storage with a hybrid slot for adding more storage. An infrared thermometer as well as a barometer and altimeter are built-in on the phone.
For your active outdoors lifestyle, the Umidigi Bison Smartphone come loaded with tools like high precision Bosch Altimeter and Barometer as well as other useful tools like Compass, Pedometer, Magnifier, Plumb bob, Protractor, Noise Test, Gradienter, and others.
The smartphone has a built-in FM antenna. You do not need to plug in a headphone to the 3.5mm jack to listen to FM radio, which is more convenient. You get a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, NFC with support for Google Pay, and Bluetooth 5.2.
It supports 4G LTE with dual 4G VoLTE and dual-Wi-Fi including Wi-Fi 6. It also support 5G connectivity on both SIM slots.
Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G Price and Availability
Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G price starts around $349.99 at leading online stores like AliExpress. The Bison GT2 Pro 5G is expected to cost about 199,900 Naira in Nigeria, 3,799 GHC in Ghana and 58,900 KES in Kenya.
The android phone is currently available for purchase on leading retail stores like AliExpress and Jumia. It was launched in December, 2021.
Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro 5G:
- Platform: Android 11 or Android 12
- Processor: Mediatek Dimensity 900 (6nm) Octa-Core Chipset (2.4GHz dual-core Cortex-A78 and 2.0GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G68 MC4
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Colours: Hack Black
- Dimension: 172.2 x 83.9 x 12.9 mm
- Weight: 280 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.50-inch IPS Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (405 ppi), 90Hz Refresh Rate, 180Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ∼70.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide-angle), f/1.8, PDAF, 81° FoV + 8 MP (ultra-wide angle), f/2.2 117° FoV + 5 MP (macro) F/2.4, 2.5cm, 88° FoV
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, HDR, Touch Focus, Night mode, Dual-LED Flash, Real-time Filters, Face detection, 1080p Full HD Videos, 2160p 4K Ultra HD Videos
- Front Camera: 24 MP Camera, f/2.2, 1080p Full HD Videos
- Built-in Storage: 256GB UFS 2.1
- Memory Card Support: up to 512 GB microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 900 1800 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 900 1700 1900 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 850 1900 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: LTE-FDD Bands B1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 12 / 13 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 25 / 26 / 28A / 28B / B66, LTE-TDD Bands B34 / 38 / 39 / 40 / 41
- 5G: 5G Bands NR: N1 / 2 / 3 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 20 / 25 / 28 / 38 / 40 / 41 / 66 / 77 / 78 / 79
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi Direct, Dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.2
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C (USB 2.0), USB on the Go, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes, POP3, IMAP4, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (With Built-in Antenna, no need to connect headphone)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, dual-band GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes (Google Pay)
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP68, IP69K, MIL-STD-810G
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 6150 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity