The Umidigi F3 is a 2022 refresh of the FSeries, a family of smartphones that was last updated in 2019 with the Umidigi F2. Though the outward design has changed, internally the two devices share a lot including the same processor and battery capacity. Umidigi F3 features a 6.7-inch display and a 48MP triple AI enhanced rear camera.
Where to Buy Umidigi F3
Compared to the Umidigi F2, the Umidigi F3 seems to have affordability as a focus. This is because despite coming three years later the F3 still retains the same Helio P70 processor as its predecessor. The display, though bigger now offers less resolution and the front and rear cameras downgraded from 32MP and four rear cameras to 16MP and three rear cameras respectively. It even features just Bluetooth 4.2.
If you are looking for upgrades, you find it in the 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and Android 11. The F2 had 6GB RAM and Android 10. So, if you are looking for an upgrade for your F2, the F3 might not be it. You should probably checkout the Umidigi Bison GT2, the Bison GT2 Pro, the Bison GT2 5G, or the Bison GT2 Pro 5G.
Who knows maybe in future there will be an Umidigi F3 5G? However, the Umidigi F3 is still a solid affordable mid-range smartphone that will deliver for watching movies and browsing the web.
Umidigi F3 Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inch IPS Display, 720 x 1650 pixels (269 ppi), 20.6:9 aspect ratio
- Stock Android 11
- Mediatek MT6771 Helio P70 (12 nm) Octa-core Chipset
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP AI Triple Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- 128GB UFS 2.1 Built-in Storage, up to 512GB memory card
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 4G LTE with dual VoLTE
- 18W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5150 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
Umidigi F3 features a curved Matte finish. It is available in Hawaii Blue, Matte Sliver, Starry Black, Sunglow Gold, and Galaxy Blue. The body is curved around the corners and edges with a bump on the back housing the three rear cameras and the dual LED flash.
In front, a dewdrop notch houses the front camera. The fingerprint sensor is located on the right side of the phone sharing the same spot as the power button.
On the left, you have the customizable buttons that we saw in the Umidigi A13, the Umidigi A13s, and the A13 Pro. This button can be programmed so the that a single click, double click, or long press will give you instant access to an app or a phone feature like turn on the flashlight.
Umidigi F3 has a 6.7-inch display. This is bigger than the 6.53-inch available on the F2, but with resolution downgraded from 1080 x 2340 pixels to 720 x 1650 pixels. The display should be great for watching movies and browsing the web, but does not seem to match the quality of the F2 at least on paper.
Umidigi F3 features three cameras on the back compared to four cameras on its predecessor. It is not clear if this affects the quality of photography.
The main sensor on the back is still a 48 megapixels sensor. The Sony 48 megapixels sensor features wide angle 6-element lens with f/1.8 aperture and 78° FoV. The main sensor is supported be an 8 megapixels ultrawide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and 120° FoV and a 5 megapixels macro lens with f/2.4 aperture and 80° FoV.
The rear camera features panorama, face recognition, and HDR with dual LED flash.
The front camera seems like a downgrade. The F2 had 32 megapixels camera, but the Umidigi F3 features a 16 megapixels camera with f/2.2 aperture. Both cameras can record full HD videos.
Hardware, Software and Other Features
Umidigi F3 runs Android 11 on a Mediatek Helio P70 (12nm) Octa-core chipset similar to the Blackview A100. The chipset offers a dual-cluster architecture with a quad-core Cortex-A73 clocked at 2.1GHz and a quad-core Cortex-A53 clocked at 2.0GHz. This is a departure from the Unisoc T610 provided in the Umidigi F3s and Umidigi F3 SE.
Graphics on the smartphone is handled by the Mali-G72 MP3 clocked at 900 MHz. The Umidigi phone has 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 built-in storage.
If you need additional storage, you will need to sacrifice one SIM card slot as it features a hybrid slot that supports up to 512GB microSD card.
The android phone sports a 5150 mAh battery and boasts of up to 39 hours talktime and up to 20 hours of video playback. It also supports 18W fast charging capacity.
The F3 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port and Bluetooth 5.0. Like all the 2022 Umidigi models launched so far, you also get an FM radio with a built-in FM antenna, so you do not need to plug in a earphone to the headphone jack to listen to FM radio.
The smartphone supports 4G LTE with dual 4G VoLTE and dual-Wi-Fi. It also supports NFC. It does not support 5G, though we would not be surprised if a 5G variant is launched in future.
Umidigi F3 Price and Availability
Umidigi F3 price starts around $149.99 at leading online stores like AliExpress. The Umidigi F3 costs about 82,900 Naira in Nigeria, 3,290 GHC in Ghana and 50,500 KES in Kenya.
The smartphone is currently available for purchase on leading retail stores like AliExpress and Jumia. It was launched in May, 2022.
Umidigi F3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi F3:
- Platform: Android 11 (Stock Android)
- Processor: Mediatek MT6771 Helio P70 (12 nm) Octa-core Processor (2.1GHz quad-core Cortex A73 and 2.0GHz quad-core Cortex A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Colours: Hawaii Blue, Matte Sliver, Starry Black, Sunglow Gold, Galaxy Blue
- Dimension: 168.3 x 76.6 x 8.75 mm
- Weight: 195 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.7 inch IPS Display, 720 x 1650 pixels (269 ppi), 20.6:9 aspect ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide), f/1.8 aperture, 78° FoV + 8 MP (ultra wide), f/2.2 aperture, 120° FoV + 5MP (macro), f/2.4 aperture and 80° FoV Quad Camera, 1080p@30fps Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Panorama, HDR, dual-LED Flash, AI
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, AI, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p@30fps Videos
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB UFS 2.1
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512 GB via microSD card (uses hybrid slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900) – SIM 1 and SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA Band 1(2100), 2(1900), 4(1700), 5( 850), 6(800), 8(900), 19(800)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, FDD LTE bands B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /6 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /66 /71, TDD LTE bands 34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes with dual VoLTE
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C, USB on the Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (With Built-in Antenna, no need to connect headphone)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes (Google Pay)
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 5150 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Gaming Time: Up to 15 hours
- Video Playback: Up to 20 hours
- Talktime: Up to 39 hours
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W Fast Charging Capacity