Umidigi F2 is one of the first smartphones to run on Android 10 out of the box. Umidigi might not be one of the phone OEMs you hear about everyday, but they are killing the game in their own way too. The Umidigi F2 offers premium design and prices at mid-range prices.
Umidigi F2 Key Specs and Features
- Android 10, 6GB RAM
- 6.53 inch IPS infinity-O Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (394 ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- 2.5D Curved Glass
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6771 Helio P70 (12 nm) CPU; Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 48 MP + 13 MP + 5 MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera
- 32MP Front Camera
- 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 256GB memory card
- Colours – Gradient Blue (Phantom Blue) and Gradient Black (Midnight Black)
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side)
- 4G LTE with dual VoLTE
- 5150 mAh Non-removable Li-Ion Battery
Design and Display
Looking at the stunning design of the Umidigi F2, it is almost hard to pick one place to start from.
Its spectacular design is evident right from the beautiful 6.53-inch screen which carries a small notch at the corner similar to the notch design found in the Oukitel C17 Pro.
This is not what you get on regular devices today, so that does well to contribute to getting more screen real estate than before.
As if that is not enough, the back of the device showcases not just a premium glass addition, but the treatment of this glass with some colour options which just make the unit pop.
Speaking of, you get to pick the Umidigi F2 in all of Gradient Blue and Black. This takes us to the back where we have the amazing quad-camera setup and a dedicated LED flash of its own.
The rear panel is just as stunning as the front glass too, explaining why we have the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 tech to protect both sides of the phone’s frame.
You would notice that there is no fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone. That is because it has been moved to the side, all with the power button and volume rockers too.
Due to what many OEMs have set the pace with this year, we especially love the fact that the Umidigi F2 retains its 3.5mm jack for us to use.
With that, we round off the design aspects of what is clearly one of the most stunning devices in the market today.
We have already hinted that the cameras on the back of the Umidigi F2 offers a massive four sensors, but what are they rated at?
We start off with the main 48 megapixels lens which is supported by a pack of 13 megapixels ultra wide angle and dual 5 megapixels lenses. One of 5MP cameras is for depth sensing while the other is a macro camera.
All of these cameras will combine to make wide, ultrawide and depth image capturing a breeze in all ramifications.
The camera also comes with some of the most amazing features you can think of – from continuous shooting, geotagging, panorama, HDR, ISO settings and exposure compensation to a 6-element lens function.
On the front of the Umidigi F2, the camera in the notch on the top left corner of the display also does wonders with a 32 megapixels sensor in it.
Besides handling the selfie needs of users, it also brings an AI FaceID technology on board for better security. Unlike the rear cameras, though, this one does not come with a dedicated LED flash.
Hardware, Software and Other Features
We would have loved to see a Qualcomm chipset inside this android phone, but the Umidigi F2 prefers to go the way of its MediaTek Helio P70 chipset instead.
The chipset offers two quad-core processors clocked at 2.1GHz and 2.0GHz respectively. This chip is paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage space for those who want to have the unit.
If you need more storage on your device, you can get that with the aid of a dedicated microSD card slot which takes up to 256GB n its stride.
Like we mentioned earlier, the Umidigi F2 comes into the market with Android 10 pre-installed, making it one of the very few units to have this coveted Android instalment at the moment.
Running on stock Android, the Umidigi F2 is also in poll position to run future Android updates when available.
We especially love the way Umidigi brings the speakerphone to the base chin of the phone, making sure the stereo effect from the speakers are well pronounced. That could also explain why they didn’t make the device as bezel-less as they could have obviously managed.
Lest we forget, an area where the Umidigi F2 shines the most is the battery. Standing at a massive 5150mAh, it still bundles an 18W fast charging capability with that.
This battery is promised to last up to 700 hours on standby, and it should carry through more than a day on talk time. This means with average daily use; you shouldn’t have to charge your device twice to get you through the day. You also get fast charging.
Umidigi F2 Price and Availability
You can preorder the Umidigi F2 on AliExpress starting at $177.99. Umidigi F2 price in Nigeria is expected at around 90,000 Naira. It is expected at around $249 and will be available at online stores near you.
Umidigi F2 was announced and launched this September, and it has already been made available by the company behind it too.
However, it is yet to hit many major retailers yet, so there is no solid estimate of how much it is going to cost.
Umidigi F2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi F2:
- Platform: Android 10 (Stock Android)
- Processor: Octa-core Processor: 2.1GHz quad-core Cortex A73 and 2.0GHz quad-core Cortex A53 (Mediatek MT6771 Helio P70 (12 nm))
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Colours: Gradient Blue and Black
- Dimension: 162.6 x 77. 7 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 207 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.53 inch IPS Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (394 ppi) 16M colors, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP + 13 MP (ultra wide) + 5 MP (depth) + 5MP (macro) Quad Camera, [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Panorama, HDR, dual-LED (Single-toned) flash, AI
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, AI
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256 GB via microSD card (uses dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, FDD LTE bands B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /6 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /66 /71, TDD LTE bands 34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes with dual VoLTE
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C interface, 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 5150 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Gaming Time: Up to 9 hours
- Video Playback: Up to 16 hours
- Talktime: Up to 30 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 471 hours
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W Fast Charging Capacity