The Umidigi Power 3 just as the name suggests is not just an affordable smartphone but a powerhouse device. The smartphone launched in 2019 comes with a massive battery capacity, a standard feature of the Power series know for their battery stamina. It also offers other goodies as well. The 2022 Power series consists of the Umidigi Power 7, Power 7S, and Power 7 Max.
Where to Buy UmiDigi Power 3
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | AliExpress – See Offers
It also parades an impressive four cameras on the back with an ample RAM and generous internal storage. The phone has been announced and it will be available in Nigeria and other African countries.
Umidigi Power 3 Key Specs & Features
- 6.53 inch IPS Display (394 ppi), 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio,
- Android 10 (Stock Android)
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60
- 4GB RAM (LPDDR4x dual channel)
- 64GB Built-in Storage, up to 256GB memory card
- 48 MP + 13 MP + 5MP + 5MP Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- AI Camera (Front and Back)
- 4G LTE, Dual 4G VoLTE
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 18W Fast Charging Capacity
- 10W Reverse Charging
- 6150 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
This is a budget device and as such, the premium looking panel is built with plastic. The smooth panel is where you will find the four-camera in a square alongside the LED flash.
The fingerprint scanner is placed on the usual position, while the branded logo is at the bottom. The Umidigi Power 3 measures 162.1 x 77.2 x 10.3 mm in dimensions and weight 228 grams.
Turning to the front, you will be greeted with a full screen that has small bezel which is hardly noticeable. It offers a screen display size of 6.53 inches with IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen.
The screen has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, a tall 19.5:9 ratio and 401 PPI density for clear visuals. There is display protection on the screen with a 2.5D curved glass.
On the camera aspect, Umidigi Power 3 is blessed with a four-camera set-up. The main wide shooter is 48 MP plus 13 MP which should be the ultrawide sensor with another 5 MP and 5 MP depth sensor.
The four cameras have some internal features that will ensure great photos and they can also record 4K video quality. For selfies, you will get a front camera of 16 MP which has HDR, scene recognition and AI FaceID as an added security feature.
You may also be interested in the 2021 Power series like the Umidigi Power 5 and Power 5S.
Hardware and Software
The Umidigi Power 3 packs a Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60 chipset built on 12nm with an octa-core processor handling its an assignment at a speed of 2.0 GHz. The device has Mali-G72 MP3 GPU to take care of graphics related issues and also for gaming.
Powering the whole system is the latest Android 10 operating system. On the memory, it has 64GB of internal storage that is paired with 4GB RAM. You can still expand the memory up to 256GB using a micro SD card.
Battery and Network
The Umidigi Power 3 major highlight is on the battery. The massive 6150 mAh battery promise to last up to 49 hours of talk time. It has support for fast charging technology which is good news. At least you don’t have to wait for a whole time to refill your juicer.
The dual SIM on the smartphone has 4G LTE Network with other regulars such as WiFi, Bluetooth, FM radio and Type-C USB.
Umidigi Power 3 Price and Availability
The Umidigi Power 3 price is currently $145.99 on AliExpress. Umidigi Power 3 is available on Jumia Nigeria, though not on Umidigi official store on Jumia Nigeria. It is currently listed for 81,000 Naira on Jumia Nigeria.
In Ghana, the Umidigi Power 3 sells for around 1110 GHS, while in Kenya, it sells for around 21,500 KES.
Umidigi Power 3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi Power 3:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60 (12 nm), Octa-core (2.0 GHz quad-core Cortex-A73 & 2.0 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Space Gray, Midnight Green, Red
- Dimension: 162.1 x 77.2 x 10.3 mm
- Weight: 228 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.53 inch IPS Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (394 ppi), 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 13 MP (ultra wide) + 5 MP (depth) + 5MP Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual LED Flash, Touch focus, Digital image stabilization, Geotagging, HDR, Panorama,
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 64 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /6 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /25 /26 /28A /28B /66 /71 / B34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes (with VoLTE)
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C interface, 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: No
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: No
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 6150 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Gaming Time: Up to 11 hours
- Video Playback: Up to 22 hours
- Talktime: Up to 55 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 566 hours
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W Fast Charging Capacity, 10W Reverse Charging