Umidigi Power 5S is more or less like a more affordable variant to the Power 5. To cut cost, the affordable android phone has some tradeoffs in the hardware compared to the standard edition. However, the Umidigi Power 5S keeps the most outstanding feature of the Power 5, which is the massive 6150 mAh battery.
Where to Buy UmiDigi Power 5s
Aside the battery, cameras, and display, the Power 5S looks like a downgrade. In fact it looks more like the Umidigi A11s with a bigger battery. It features the same processor as the A11s and lacks features like fingerprint sensor and infrared thermometer just like the A11s.
Umidigi Power 5S Key Specs & Features
- 6.53 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~269 ppi density), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Stock Android 11
- 4GB RAM
- UNISOC Tiger T310 Quad-core Processor
- 16 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP AI Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- 32GB or 64GB Built-in Storage
- Face Unlock
- 4G LTE
- 6150 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
The Umidigi Power 5s features a 3D unibody design with a surface that is less of a fingerprint magnet. On the back you will see the logo as well as the text from Power 5 “Beyond Dreams“. You can buy the smartphone in Carbon Grey, Sapphire Blue, and Jade Green.
On the rear, we have a black rectangular camera module containing three cameras vertically aligned to the left. The front camera is housed in a dewdrop cutout in the front.
Umidigi Power 5s has a 6.53-inch in-Cell display with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The display supports dark mode with 20:9 aspect ratio. This is good for watching movies or browsing the web.
Umidigi Power 5s features the same camera setup as the A11 and Power 5. On the rear, you get a triple camera system, featuring a 16 megapixels ultrawide primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0, a 5 megapixels macro camera, and an 8 megapixels ultrawide camera with a 120° field of view.
The rear camera has dual-LED flash. You get an AI enhanced 8 megapixels camera for taking selfies and for Face Unlock.
Hardware and Software
While the Power 5 boasts of an Octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 processor, the Umidigi Power 5S features the same Unisoc T310 (12nm) Quad-core chipset in the A11s. The chipset is built on a dual-cluster architecture with a Cortex-A75 processor clocked at 2.0GHz and tri-core Cortex-A55 clocked at 1.8GHz.
This Umidigi phone offers 4GB RAM with an option of 32GB or 64GB built-in storage. You can upgrade the built-in storage via a dedicated microSD slot with support for up to 256GB of additional storage via a memory card.
The Umidigi Power series are known for their battery stamina and the legacy continues the the 5S with Umidigi boasting up to 55 hours talktime. This is more than 2 days straight talktime on the phone. This is made possible by the massive 6150 mAh battery.
Umidigi Power 5S runs on Stock Android 11 out of the box.
The android phone supports 4G LTE with dual 4G VoLTE offering you 4G and VoLTE (voice over LTE) on both SIM slots.
You also get a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.0, and dual-band WiFi.
Umidigi Power 5s Price and Availability
Umidigi Power 5s price starts around $109.99 at leading online stores like AliExpress. The Power 5s costs about 54,900 Naira in Nigeria, 650 GHC in Ghana and 13,500 KSH in Kenya.
The smartphone is currently available for purchase on leading retail stores like AliExpress and Jumia. It was launched in October, 2021.
Umididi Power 5S Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi Power 5S:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: UNISOC Tiger T310 Quad-core Processor (2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 and 1.8 GHz tri-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8300
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Carbon Gray, Jade Green, Carbon Gray
- Dimension: 164.8 x 76.9 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 215 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.53 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~269 ppi density), 20:9 aspect ratio, ~81.3% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0 + 8 MP, f/2.2, 120° FoV + 5 MP, F/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus / Continuous shooting / Digital zoom / HDR / Touch focus / Face detection / Dual LED Flash, 1080p Video
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.2, 1080p Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB or 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSD, up to 256GB (uses dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 and SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA Bands 1(2100), 2(1900), 4(1700), 5(850), 6 (800), 8(900), 19(800)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: FDD-LTE Bands B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /66 and TDD-LTE Bands B34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A, dual VoLTE
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C (USB 2.0), USB-OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (digital FM)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 6150 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 10W Charging Capacity