Umidigi Bison X10G is exactly the same as the Bison X10S except for the build material and colour. While this Umidigi Bison X10G offers an Hack Black industrial rubber finish the Bison X10S comes in a Storm Grey AG Matte Fiberglass finish. Both smartphones are more or less like the Umidigi Power 5S with a rugged build.
Where to Buy UmiDigi Bison X10G
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | AliExpress – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers
Despite being built on a different material, the Umidigi phone passes the same rugged standards as the Bison X10S. It is IP68, IP69K, and MIL-STD-810G certified.
Umidigi Bison X10G Key Specs and Features
- 6.53 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~269 ppi density), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Stock Android 11
- UNISOC Tiger T310 Quad-core Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 16 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP AI Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Underwater Camera
- Push to Talk (PTT)
- 32GB Built-in Storage, up to 256GB memory card
- Rugged Build: IP68, IP69K, MIL-STD-810G
- Face Unlock
- 4G LTE
- Two Customizable Buttons
- Built-in FM Antenna
- 6150 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
Like other members of the Umidigi Bison series, the X10G offers a rugged build. The body is largely made of industrial rubber with the corners reinforced to cushion the pressure of falls. The camera lenses are inside tough covers making underwater usage possible.
You can assign actions to the two customizable buttons provided for the smartphone. Single clicks, double clicks, or long presses of the button can be programmed to activate specific actions like access an app or function like take a screenshot.
The customizable button can also be used for underwater photography, removing the need to press the touchscreen when shooting underwater.
Umidigi Bison X10G sports a 6.53-inch display with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The display is decent for watching movies and browsing the web.
One notable feature absent in this model is a fingerprint sensor. You only get face unlock. If you need a fingerprint sensor can go for the Umidigi Bison X10G NFC, which offers a fingerprint sensor in addition to NFC.
Umidigi Bison X10G sports a 16 megapixels main sensor with an aperture of f/2.2 and 6-element lens, a 5 megapixels macro camera, and an 8 megapixels ultrawide camera with a 119° field of view.
In the front, the smartphone has an AI enhanced 8 megapixels camera with f/2.2 aperture and 5-element lens for taking selfies and for Face Unlock.
The rear camera Panorama shots and HDR and has dual-LED flash. Both Cameras can record full HD videos. This is exactly the same camera in the X10S.
Hardware and Software
Umidigi Bison X10G runs Android 11 on a Unisoc T310 (12nm) Quad-core chipset. This is the same chipset found in the Bison X10S as well as the Umidigi A13s, Umidigi A11s, and Power 5S. The chipset is built on a dual-cluster architecture with a Cortex-A75 processor clocked at 2.0GHz and tri-core Cortex-A55 clocked at 1.8GHz.
This android phone offers 4GB RAM with 32GB built-in storage. You can upgrade the built-in storage via a hybrid microSD slot with support for up to 256GB of additional storage via a memory card. However, you would have to sacrifice one SIM card slot.
With a 6150 mAh battery built-in, this smartphone promises great battery stamina. Like the X10G, it boasts of up to 52 hours talktime, up to 28 hours video playback and up to 550 hours standby time.
The smartphone has a built-in FM antenna, which means you do not need to plug in a earphone to the headphone jack to listen to FM radio, making it very convenient. You also get a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port and Bluetooth 5.0.
It supports 4G LTE with dual 4G VoLTE and dual-Wi-Fi.
Umidigi Bison X10G Price and Availability
Umidigi Bison X10G price starts around $119.99 at leading online stores like AliExpress. The Bison X10G costs about 59,900 Naira in Nigeria, 690 GHC in Ghana and 14,500 KSH in Kenya.
The affordable android phone is currently available for purchase on leading retail stores like AliExpress and Jumia. It was launched in December, 2021.
You may also be interested in the Umidigi C1 and the Umidigi Power 7 Max.
Umidigi Bison X10G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi Bison X10G:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: UNISOC Tiger T310 Quad-core Processor (2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 and 1.8 GHz tri-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8300
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Storm Gray
- Dimension: 172.07 x 83.82 x 12.9 mm
- Weight: 279 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.53 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~269 ppi density), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0 + 8 MP, f/2.2, 119° FoV + 5 MP
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus / Continuous shooting / Digital zoom / HDR / Touch focus / Face detection / Dual LED Flash, 1080p Video
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.2, 1080p Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSD, up to 256GB (hybrid slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 and SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA Bands 1(2100), 2(1900), 4(1700), 5(850), 6 (800), 8(900), 19(800)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: FDD-LTE Bands B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /66 and TDD-LTE Bands B34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A, dual VoLTE
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (USB 2.0), USB-OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (With Built-in Antenna, no need to connect headphone)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 6150 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: up to 52 hours
- Standby Time: up to 550 hours
- Fast Charging: 10W Charging Capacity